Cars Ferrari F50 (WIP)

Hi everyone!
I am here to post a revamped thread for our modding project for Assetto Corsa: the Ferrari F50.
Who has followed our threads on the official AC forum will know that I started working on the physics long time ago, after that I joined forces with zaknix who's doing an astonishing work on the 3D side, and NeverKrash who's working magic with the sounds.
Nothing special to say here other than we're working to match as closely as possible car's aestethics, glorious V12's soundtrack and of course dynamics.

For now we are working on the base car with closed roof (Berlinetta configuration). After we finalize this we intend to work on the open roof version (Barchetta configuration) and finally on the tuned Koenig Twin Turbo Special from Koenig Specials GmbH, the infamous german tuner who brought to the world also the Competition, Competition Cabrio, Competition Evolution and Competition Evolution II, the very man who angered Enzo Ferrari so much to be asked to remove every Ferrari badge from the tuned versions via a legal notice!

On NeverKrash's Youtube Channel you can easily find a video containing a preview of his work on the sound of the car (don't know if I can link YT video here so I'll let you find it by yourselves).

Note: following posts will contain images.

From my own side (physics side), well, this are some from the papers I had on my desk for quite some time...

...some very preliminary aero tests...

...and some bits from a very rare publication (hint: 1002/95, that sits here beside me on a bookshelf) and which proved to be very useful

From my own side (physics side), well, this are some from the papers I had on my desk for quite some time...

...some very preliminary aero tests...

...and some bits from a very rare publication (hint: 1002/95, that sits here beside me on a bookshelf) and which proved to be very useful

Papers with hand written coordinates, that's a familiar sight. Really love that this is still going strong, after all the creativity the "purge" threw into the bin (I'm still sad about Dauntless stopping/deleting all his stuff).

Here latest interior update.
Regards, N.

XiFAJAT.png

uGaCVXg.jpg

8nxqYti.png

HfYXhYJ.jpg

ThUIzUn.jpg

gBksF86.jpg

Ok, it's been a very long while since the last time i posted here...
Well, where to start from?
First of all, I'm sorry for being not so communicative, but I had my reasons.
Let's start: I had a long off-period from mod/simulations/etc as I lost my dad in october '16, and I've been also very busy with the kids (the little boy is growing up, but it's very "time consuming", as it should be, isn't it?). The physics part for the car is done (but could use a little bit of testing to be polished, which is that 10% of work that consumes the 90% of time...). The Koenig part is at 25% and I don't know if and when it will move any further, I've not touched it in months, really.
Zaknix had many (REAL) personal issues and stopped completely doing his magic (we became good friends along the way and we've been constantly in touch, and I'm sorry for the bad period he had fallen into), so the model is incomplete and will NOT progress. So, no model.
NeverKrash felt we were really late to the party (and he was indeed right) and called himself out of the ballpark (you can go check his comments on his youtube video preview for this mod). So no sound.
Result is: no model + no sound + lack of polishing in physics = no mod.
Sorry for those who waited, hoped, supported but I won't start a new "modeller hunt + sound modder hunt".
I said many times I spent some good bucks on a pro model on cgtrader which is not legit to share. In the end I had what I wanted (a realistic rendition of the F50 in AC with a good 3D model and a good sound, but the source of this sound bank is very questionable, to say the least...). Last time I really was able to enjoy fully AC was i Red Pack DLC times... go figure... after that, just some random sessions you can count on the fingers of one hand (one hotlap in this car, one in that car... literally).
I'm really sorry this project quits this inglorious way, but this is EOL.
Thanks guys

First of all, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your father and whatever life issues Zaknix was having. I've been through a couple of difficult stretches myself over the years and can very much empathize with you. I've had to let entire careers and life plans fall by the wayside, much less mods voluntarily created in my spare time for video games. I understand.

Secondly, I'm sorry for you having to abandon this project. It's obviously a car you're passionate about and as a fellow modder who has done and shared a couple of cars *I* am passionate about, I know you must be very disappointed to have to call it quits without seeing it through.

Thirdly, are you willing to hand off your physics work to another modder? I am also passionate about the F50 and would love to try to advance the project. If nothing else, the F-Pack vote suggests there is significant interest in this car so perhaps I am not alone. I don't know that I would have better luck than you have with the model or sound - I don't always find collaborators either - but I'm certainly willing to give it a go.

Either way, thank you for your time and effort, and for keeping us in the loop, even if this is where it ends.

Thanks for your information. I was curious what happened to y'all. I am sorry for your loss. Hope everything goes well for Zaknix too.

Very sad to hear. Life comes first, no question. I think the best way to go from here is exposing whatever assets possible to a reputable modder(s) who can pick it up. This car should be in AC. The people chose yet another boring F1 car on the F-Pack, instead of this legend. Should be fixed me thinks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back