Ferrari F2002

Cars Ferrari F2002 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Really I have no idea what it could be. Only thing I can say for now is to check your fonts folder and make sure aria_hd.png and arial_hd.txt are there. (Make sure its arial_hd and not arial)
Well no clue what happaned, but deleted everything and dragged over the content folder again and now it works, weird. thanks for the help though :D

After installing the game doesnt get past the start engine button anymore. Why?
Do you mean it doesn't get past the start engine button just with this car, or for any car selected?
If it's any car try running in administration mode. Also, when I upgraded to Windows 10 my Assetto was the same, the resolution had reset and was too low, so check that's all as it should be, in the settings after you've loaded it in.
Good luck :)

So the game is even worse than expected
I think no sim has power steering simulated, at least not like it is in real life.

What AC has in car.ini (data folder of the car) is,
STEER_ASSIST=0.0 ; Variable steer assist, speed relative
This is a gamma function, sort of like brake gamma in the controls.

Lord Kunos said:
Steer assist is a variable power steering. It doesnt work on speed but it works on the amount of force. It's basically a gamma function, I use gamma functions a lot in AC.
So let's say you have a FF input from -1 to 1 (it's the job of the ffmult to get the actual torque and scale it down to a normalized -1 , 1 range)... the resulting FF after the steer assist will be:

assist_ff=input_ff^steer_assist

The job of steer assist is to allow the driver to feel the steer "full" at low speed with cars with heavy downforce without killing his arms if the car is going through a corner at 200kmh. The rule for steer assist is very simple:

Are you doing a F1/LMS or other VERY high downforce car designed in the last 10/15 years?

yes ? experiment with steer assist value below 1 only AFTER you've tuned the ffmult to give you a good range of forces in the -1..1 area
no? steer assist is 1
From here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...concerning-ffb-differences.26638/#post-543793
ps. when he says steer assist 1, is the same as 0. Is a flat gamma curve.

• Deleted member 130869

I have given up and settled for having the pre-determined forces, with a little bit of tire slip and road. I mean, if I can live with it in SCE, I can live with it in AC.

I got this car today and decided to give it a test drive.....simply fantastic! Definitely one of the best open wheeler formula cars out of any sim! I did have an issue with the skins though. I replaced the original skins in the file with the " No dust " skins ' and all the cars came up white in the game. No biggie , as I think I may of done something wrong on my end and I'll figure it out. Awesome job to you guys who put this out....what a blast to drive! Sucker gets up and moves!

I got this car today and decided to give it a test drive.....simply fantastic! Definitely one of the best open wheeler formula cars out of any sim! I did have an issue with the skins though. I replaced the original skins in the file with the " No dust " skins ' and all the cars came up white in the game. No biggie , as I think I may of done something wrong on my end and I'll figure it out. Awesome job to you guys who put this out....what a blast to drive! Sucker gets up and moves!
You probably deleted the original skin folder. To get this working, you have to paste the no dust folder ON TOP of the original skin. If you still have problems, PM me ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back