F1 2012 Ferrari Crash to Desktop

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
Hi guys, I've been experiencing a Crash to Desktop when ever i use the Ferrari, and i have no clue why.
Once i've selected the Ferrari, and the track, the game starts loading, and just as it's about to do the tracks opening scene, the game crashes to the desktop.

At which point i'll try and run F1 2012 again, and I get a message box saying "Completing Installation...0%", and the 0% never changes. At which point, another message box will appear telling me that Steams servers are currently too busy to perform this action.

I've tested with every other car, and it seems to only be with the Ferrari.

I have a hunch that it could have been caused yesterday when i was playing with the Ferrari, and my house got a power blackout due to stormy weather.... :\ *Sigh* I''ll probably have to reinstall the entire game again. :(

If anyone has any info, or has had this happen to them before please let me know :)

Cheers guys.

Did you try verifying your game files first? Rather than re-installing.

Steam > F1 2012 > Right Click & Select Properties > Local Files Tab > Verify the integrity of the game cache.

This will download any broken, missing or changed files automatically, returning you to a standard fully patched install.

This will replace any mods with the standard files

Did you try verifying your game files first? Rather than re-installing.

Steam > F1 2012 > Right Click & Select Properties > Local Files Tab > Verify the integrity of the game cache.

This will download any broken, missing or changed files automatically, returning you to a standard fully patched install.

This will replace any mods with the standard files
Yeah i tried that.
However, i was able to locate the file that was causing the problem. I had accidentally messed up the "Copy and Replace" for the Ferrari Interior, as i was having a look at some of the LED steering wheel mods that have been released in the last day or two.

So it's all fixed now. :)

You're welcome to close this thread Gnu UK. :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 39.0%