rF2 Ferrari Challenge @ Spa de Francorchamps - Fri 12th Sept

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
So if you don't reload your setups when you don't qualify it resets to defaults before race. Live and learn. Ran out of gas:). My first race at Spa great track and car. Alone except for a visitor on teamspeak, thanks Yuri. See ya on the next one.

Since i didn't practice much before the race and wasn't in sync with the car i decided to challenge myself with managing the tires.

In practice i saw how much degradation the tires took in a few laps so doing the whole race without stopping could be difficult. Went for it anyway. :D

From the start i adapted my pace to give me a slow tire degradation and try to stay close enough to gain from other drivers mistakes. Well i stayed with a similar pace the whole race which is good but the big mistakes from other drivers never came. :p

So in the end i was happy that i still had some tires left and could probably have pushed a little more in the beginning. Mission accomplished. :thumbsup:

Thanks to all. See you next time;)

Fun race! The tire change didn't work as planned.
But it's cool to see it in the race results : click on race and then on race gaps.
What a great tool.
I can re-live the excitement of Balaz Kiss and Gijs passing me after their pit stops!
Seriously though very helpful.
I could not resist the temptation to make the tyres last and felt my setup was going to help.
A bit like Joao above I hoped that in the second half the leaders pace would degrade a bit on worn tyres. The chart shows that my gap to the leaders grew more slowly in the period lap 14 - 18 but still grew.
The last lap and a half the tyres had let go quite a bit.

Balaz Kiss had no problems passing me after he rejoined quite close and Gijs managed quite near the end.
I was happy enough to have lowered my PB from practice by 2 sec and to have matched my Quali lap in the race.
I dont know if I could have held off Gijs if running the same strategy with 40 litres less fuel and a stop. Probably not so my strategy was ok.
oh and I ran no assists cos I'm hard core (he shouts to the guys on the podium and is drowned out by the cheering fans)

Again a very enjoyable and immersive race in these great cars.

Great race, congrats to Tamas. His pace was from outer space, I had more or less no chance to attack him. In the end I think he was even playing with me a little bit and he managed to maintain the gap, even with problably quite worn tyres.

The setup from David was great, thanks mate. I had no problems with the tyres through the whole race.

See you on track!

Great race, congrats to Tamas. His pace was from outer space, I had more or less no chance to attack him. In the end I think he was even playing with me a little bit and he managed to maintain the gap, even with problably quite worn tyres.

The setup from David was great, thanks mate. I had no problems with the tyres through the whole race.

See you on track!
Thanks for the feedback, glad you liked it. My testing is getting at least someone on the podium.
I just had a vision of me as Gary Anderson (Former Jordan designer and BBC F1 Pundit).
Good on the engineering side but a bit slow to drive the cars!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 369 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%