AC Ferrari 599XX vs Pagani Zonda @ Gentrack1 - Wed 24th September 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That's the spirit. Whoever signs up is commited to finish the race. :thumbsup:

That shouldn't be the spirit, that should be a rule.

I didn't have much practice with the car, neither with the track (that I downloaded yesterday). On top of that I got rammed in lap 1 and in lap 2 I managed to collect a couple of cars that crashed in the main straight while I was going at nearly 300kmh (I promised I saw a gap), and later on i had a crazy lag-induced accident. So that put me way lower than the modest P9 I had on the starting grid. Instead of rage quitting, I had a nice fight with @Marjan Koderman while letting Mr. Vettel lap us before lap 10. I managed to catch up with @Mathias André, so I changed my dancing partner and we were tangled all the way until the last chicane of the last lap, when a sudden stroke of common sense told me not to dive-bomb through the grass.

Thanks Akis for the organisation once more.

Last edited:
BTW, what is "Cons" in the statistics? (it must be something bad, because I have a very high Cons") :p

And, is it possible to check all the lap times for all racers somewhere? I would love to compare consistency!

being slower has nothing to do with not finishing though?
same here about less time for online racing (it was like 6h every day in pre-family days, hah ... now it's like 6h in 2 weeks, if i'm lucky). i still try to finish every race, no matter how much i suck now. it's a matter of respect to the other drivers imo.

about the race: was good fun with bernhard, but sometimes i had the feeling that he was waiting for me on purpose ¬_¬

yes i was waiting for you on some laps :)
my pace is too fast for mid and too slow for top and i wanted to avoid driving alone again :) i see this races as training or "light sparring" i also like to watch how the cars react to bumps and the overall drivingstyle of others - so i have more fun when i see other cars next to me then doing alone hotlaps :) but it was a nice concentration training to not fly off the track and keeping you behind me :) we had almost the same pace the hole race and when you find someone else with the same level as yourself their are always going two winners from the field - thats i learned in the dojo first and it goes on in every sport or thing you do in live. IMO :)

BTW, what is "Cons" in the statistics? (it must be something bad, because I have a very high Cons") :p

And, is it possible to check all the lap times for all racers somewhere? I would love to compare consistency!
Consistency shows how close were your laps to your average lap time. In particular for you it shows that 68% (it always is 68%) of your laps had a difference of 4,12 seconds of your average lap time. Geoffrey had his 68% within 0,37 seconds of his average lap time, so he was way more consistent :)

I would agree but some of us have other lives involving family and children. I used to race online, all the time (since the early 2000s) alot of years ago, but now my life has changed. I do not get the time to practice, I had not driven this car and track combination before last night.
I just had time for 4 laps in practice and then qualifying, TBH I should not have raced, however I have limited opportunities these days so chose to do so. I used to be quick, but these days I simply do not have the time to practice.
There are probably allot of reasons why some of us did not finish! The main thing is that RD gives some of us the opportunity to even race without having to put hours of practice in.
Probably you might not agree with my post however from my point of view I am glad to race whenever I can. Whether I finish these days of course is another question.
Yes we all have families and work, even me :p
Club events are not about winning. It's the online experience that matters and the bonding between the drivers. We all learn and make new friends. Spectating 2 laps of a guy that is 5 secs faster than me is way more useful than 2 hours of hotapping by myself. Leaving just because you had a crash or some spinouts shows little respect to the other participants.

We all learn and make new friends. Spectating 2 laps of a guy that is 5 secs faster than me is way more useful than 2 hours of hotapping by myself. Leaving just because you had a crash or some spinouts shows little respect to the other participants.
Liar!
There is no one 5 seconds faster than you :D

Consistency shows how close were your laps to your average lap time. In particular for you it shows that 68% (it always is 68%) of your laps had a difference of 4,12 seconds of your average lap time. Geoffrey had his 68% within 0,37 seconds of his average lap time, so he was way more consistent :)

Yes we all have families and work, even me :p
Club events are not about winning. It's the online experience that matters and the bonding between the drivers. We all learn and make new friends. Spectating 2 laps of a guy that is 5 secs faster than me is way more useful than 2 hours of hotapping by myself. Leaving just because you had a crash or some spinouts shows little respect to the other participants.

I did not leave because I had a spin, and to say I have little respect for the other participants well lets just say that is the kind of response I expect from people on forums these days.
If you had read my post properly then you would not have made such a flippant comment.
I left as my daughter was ill and, that also being the reason why I joined the server so late.
I did not attack you in anyway in fact in the first line of my post I said that I agreed with you, so please in future take a deep breath before replying.

Last edited:
I must be odd? I play games to have fun! if I'm not having fun them there really seems no point continuing, in any game racing, RPG whatever it is, I'm not the fastest but I enjoy a good race, this was not an enjoyable race, so I quit. I was questioned recently for leaving my car on the grid at the start of a race, like it was a crime! I had a family emergency, it was like make sure you've taken care of the GAME! before real life! I must say the fact it puts the car on the grid in the first place is the problem not the fact I couldn't remove it as I was busy taking my wife the ER! I'm sorry if this happened again I would do the exact same thing as this is a game and for fun, if my not being there disrupted your racing experience I'm sorry, perhaps next time I should let her wait with blood going everywhere while I make sure my car is not on the grid!

Get real guys! more often than not people get taken out on the first corner anyway, and while I'm on my soap box, what's with people giving room here? 3 or 4 times now I've got a good run on someone they defend so I go to the outside then they push me onto the grass? I know this has happened to other people too, people awareness is poor, but I accept that we all come with different abilities and unless I feel it's done to take me out I've not said anything.

To sum up:

I enjoy racing, 99% of the time.
Real life and my family comes first.
Let's all try and deal with other peoples issues respectfully.

on-line racing is for fun it's not real life

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%