Ferrari 488 gt3 sound mod

Sounds Ferrari 488 gt3 sound mod 3.1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ok i see
It’s due to my transmission sample, maybe a bit to bad quality but it’s hard to find good quality.

In game turn the transmission sound to the max and stay below 120km/h at constant speed, you will hear the « turbine sound » repeating itself (if you want to understand what happen)

I’ll try to change the sound for 1.5
I know exactly what you mean, Trim....I've been searching for samples, surprisingly hard to find them...that's why I supplied the video, maybe you could use some of the audio...I know sound extraordinaire Fonsy Fonsecker used good quality youTube videos that displayed obviously well-recorded data for bits and pieces of his sounds...you might ask him on the AC forum site for some advice :)

Well, really it's throughout the video, but esp. from the start to 0:08 as you're downshifting for La Source. What I'm hearing is this:

Under acceleration, the pitch of the transmission is off, far too high and screamy, where the real car is more mechanical. Under deceleration, the transmission does all kinds of strange things, sounds like an alien spaceship, no pun intended. It spools strangely, almost as if it's turbo when I know the transmission is not...turbo chargers have a distinctive spool flutter, that's in the stock Kunos sound. Again, listen very carefully to the onboard I provided from Macau...all kinds of speeds are travelled in that car for the best example...the real car transmission is less complex than 1.4 update.

I did my best to solve the problem in the 1.5 version
At least, you should barely hear the strange sound, i hope it's ok.

I'm sorry, not trying to be offensive. But this still doesn't sound like the actual car to me. More like a turbine, you can barely hear the engine beyond the transmission. Listen to the audio of the real-life recordings and then take into account that most of the microphones recording these aren't very good.

Here's a good audio-only recording of a 488 GTE by Marshall Pruett who has a whole series of in-car audio recordings to take as reference:
https://marshallpruett.podbean.com/e/77-ferrari-488-gte-in-car-audio-nov-2016/
As comparison an onboard video of a GT3:
Sounds very similar, doesn't it. The transmission isn't anywhere near as overbearing.
Now your mod:

Last edited:
I'm sorry, not trying to be offensive. But this still doesn't sound like the actual car to me. More like a turbine, you can barely hear the engine beyond the transmission. Listen to the audio of the real-life recordings and then take into account that most of the microphones recording these aren't very good.

Here's a good audio-only recording of a 488 GTE by Marshall Pruett who has a whole series of in-car audio recordings to take as reference:
https://marshallpruett.podbean.com/e/77-ferrari-488-gte-in-car-audio-nov-2016/
As comparison an onboard video of a GT3:
Sounds very similar, doesn't it. The transmission isn't anywhere near as overbearing.
Now your mod:
The sound of your video is too muffled, i can't use it for the sound mod. look at mine in the presentation page.
Btw you can adjust the transmission volume in game, but i reconize that overall a lot can be improved, i'm still working on it :)

Last edited:
I'm planning a big update with new onboard sound, i'm still not satisfied with the actual one and improvement on the outside sound.
Don't know when i'll have time to do it, maybe in one month. Two month in the worst case

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 94 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 473 38.9%