Ferrari 488 GT3 Confirmed for iRacing Release in September

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing Ferrari 488 GT3 4.png

iRacing have announced the beautiful Ferrari 488 GT3 will be joining the service in September, adding the second Italian car to the online racing simulation.

Joining the recently released 488 GTE from back in June, the new GT3 variant will be the latest result of the recent collaboration to bring the Ferrari brand to the iRacing simulation. Marking a change in performance over recent GT machines, the previously released GTE and Porsche models have proven to be popular amongst fans of the game, and are generally thought to offer a much improved driving experience than some of the earlier cars to hit the title.

Now with the benefit for further research and development time behind them, many expect the upcoming GT3 to offer one of the best driving experiences in the simulation to date.

With a release scheduled for some time in September, check out the preview trailer and get ready to (hopefully) be thrilled by the latest edition to the iRacing stable of cars...

iRacing is available exclusively for PC, and can be downloaded either independently or through the Steam network.

iRacing Ferrari 488 GT3 3.png
iRacing Ferrari 488 GT3 2.png

Check out the iRacing.com sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the simulation.

Excited to see another Ferrari in iRacing? Any other models from the Italian manufacturer you would like to come to the sim? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
You will have to excuse my ignorance, not really a knowledgeable car guy, but love Sim Racing...lol...but how much different visually in the cockpit, exterior shape and audio is it going to be....or am I going to be buying the 488 GTE again with some minor tweaks?

You will have to excuse my ignorance, not really a knowledgeable car guy, but love Sim Racing...lol...but how much different visually in the cockpit, exterior shape and audio is it going to be....or am I going to be buying the 488 GTE again with some minor tweaks?

Well, if you remember the old Ford GT, it'll most likely be like that, but iRacing will charge you again.

You will discover ur nightmares when u pay :DDD, Its so evident and painful the iracing money making system. Ok time to go for cash to checkout the "new" ferrata.:D. I was gonna buy flowers for my girlfriend....but my money will go to iracing :D.

• Deleted member 205301

Well, that's a great news, as Adam said, it'll be an alternative to the "all mercedes races" in gt3...
Of course, if I were an ashole, I would say something like : "stop releasing GT3 cars, and start, plz, working on GT4 cars like Porsche Cayman, Gineta, the brand new BMW M4, McLaren 650s etc..maybe future merc and Audi... that's a better choice, and a real step before trying porsche cup and gt3...."
Did I said that ? lol
@++

Last edited by a moderator:
good news all around. if I remember correctly the ford gt3 which was released after the ford gt2 and based on it. It was free for all owners of the older version (and today you get both versions if you buy one I think), so I figure this will be the same since changes will not be massive. just my 5 cents. But I do appreciate they iRacing bashing here (shakes head ...)

after 1 year iracing there devolopment is pretty slow right now. still no tire compound, no weather rain, etc. no day/time. still no flatspot or other features. Even the improved tiremodel is not close to others sims and has still bugs in handling in my opinion.But want the most money of all sims just because of multiplayer. I mean comon.... its time for iracing now to give us something "next gen" like for this price.

after 1 year iracing there devolopment is pretty slow right now. still no tire compound, no weather rain, etc. no day/time. still no flatspot or other features. Even the improved tiremodel is not close to others sims and has still bugs in handling in my opinion.But want the most money of all sims just because of multiplayer. I mean comon.... its time for iracing now to give us something "next gen" like for this price.

Yeah i concur, a little more communication about their direction, some hype for car models and features that are incoming would go a long way with people and their wallets. Myself included.

This new rally cross thing.... I am interested, but not exactly hyped for, its like trying to do too many things and not sticking to what it's good at, or what could really make the simulator stand out. In my opinion, they should be looking at much bigger grids, improving the damage model (they have teased that a little bit, and the grid is going up to 6 different car makes? hardly a lot.)

Simply coming up with a "dirt" tyre compound, could've made this Oval dirty stuff huge fun for the Mx5, the vw, and probably the mustang. Some good old fashioned banger racing would've been a hoot.

There is more and more competition out there, okay some of it rides the fine line between simulation and arcade, but it'll be interesting to see how project cars, forza and Gt, stand up to Iracing, especially with their feature and car lists.

i mean i never too ircaing for long races because i don t like to race 24 hours without day/night and weather. i mean this is the thrill in real life so much can happen in 24 hours. And iracing call him self the best sim but i see ac 2 coming with weather and reiza 2018 way before iracing gets it. i don t even think that iracing will get it in next 3-4 years.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%