AC Ferrari 458 S3 @ Vallelunga - Fri 16 May 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sorry guys for the spinnings and causing crashes :cry:
A well deserved last place :unsure:
At least i could boost my PB for almost an second...
When i am in the pack i feel too much pressure ;-)

I had okay race for a first one. Qualified 9th with a time I was happy with. Faster than I ever did, so.

The start was clean for me. I was following a white car, didn't see the same, who, I think, didn't see me into the last essess in the last sector and he bumped into me. I think he lost control. Anyway, back to about 14th position.
Then I had a good fight with @Joel Valander, but after a couple of laps he spun out coming out of the last corner (as I did so many times when practising).
Due to some mistakes I fell back behind @Frank van Oeveren with @Reinhard Berger just behind me. I clipped the dust into T1 and got slowed down which alowed Reinhard past. At the finish line we where separated by 1.5s I think.

Overall, happy with the racing. Everything was stable, so that's one thing.
If I had not made those couple mistakes though,I could've had some more/longer battles.

Good racing guys! I'll jump in here whenever I can.

1st race with lots of competitors, but u all very quick :confused:
All in all was a pleasant experience :)

PS. I apologise for my high ping and hope i was in no ones way, will get my internet sough ted out very soon

good race guys and thanks to everyone on RD finally finish a race in the top 10. Sorry to have had an accident in qualifying, I do not remember the name sorry, the last corner he came first but very wide with half the car behind me are was very close to the wall, but then the car has entered the path of forward and suddenly I came over, unable to see the replay honestly do not know who is to blame, however, we only ask your pardon, because I was also completing a good lap. The race okay, finished 7 and kept a good pace, you can still improve.

Top15

Y2oFzEu.jpg

..snip..
Then I had a good fight with @Joel Valander, but after a couple of laps he spun out coming out of the last corner (as I did so many times when practising).
Due to some mistakes I fell back behind @Frank van Oeveren ...snip...
And I fell back from 7th till there cause someone entered the track in racing line after he spun out and hit me in the process :-(. To bad you guys didn't catch up completely tho, it would have been fun as our lap times where very close!

Would someone from the fast guys share what camber settings he had for the race?ty
I think you can get up to 1:36 with the default setup. I suggest you first improve your skills with the default one and then you can see what tweaks the setup needs to have. Try to be smooth, break without locking your wheels use trail-braking (a must in this car) and accelerate as fast as possible.

Would someone from the fast guys share what camber settings he had for the race?ty

I was doing 1:36.6 in qualy with default and I lost about 6 tenths in small mistakes, just didn't bother trying more after, so practice will make you quicker then some setup changes. Camber setting is also very different for every pilot, personal preference that is.

I was doing 1:36.6 in qualy with default and I lost about 6 tenths in small mistakes, just didn't bother trying more after, so practice will make you quicker then some setup changes. Camber setting is also very different for every pilot, personal preference that is.
I'm sorry if you feel I've underestimated you. I know setups are more of a personal preference :) I was just trying to give a good piece of advice :)

EDIT: It's pretty clear I'm new here. Hehe, thought you were the person who asked the question.

I'm sorry if you feel I've underestimated you. I know setups are more of a personal preference :) I was just trying to give a good piece of advice :)

EDIT: It's pretty clear I'm new here. Hehe, thought you were the person who asked the question.

I wasn't responding to you :-D I think you are confusing me with the other poster :-D

EDIT: Indeed I wasn't!! :inlove:

I don't know how to get fast trough this long turns :-( When I tried to "throw" the car in it just lost grip on all 4 wheels ...at least I think so. I also think I know what trail breaking is. therefore I watched baronesbc's videos on YouTube over and over and I think I do(try) the same ....but obviously not :-( Next time I really have to try to make it to the practice...

QUOTE="Tobias Röhner, post: 1722393, member: 88"]I used default and got it up into 1:35:5 in qualy. Try to throw the car into the corners a bit more. This car really rewards bravery and late braking.[/QUOTE]

Excuse me for bringing up this old thread again, but did you drive with TC and/or ABS on?
I just realised that I did but didn't want to...
Turned it all of now and to my astonishment the car was easier to control for me without it :confused:

QUOTE="Tobias Röhner, post: 1722393, member: 88"]I used default and got it up into 1:35:5 in qualy. Try to throw the car into the corners a bit more. This car really rewards bravery and late braking.

Excuse me for bringing up this old thread again, but did you drive with TC and/or ABS on?
I just realised that I did but didn't want to...
Turned it all of now and to my astonishment the car was easier to control for me without it[/QUOTE]
Didn't have any aids on except ABS which you can't turn off anyway I think?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%