AC Ferrari 312t vs Lotus Evora GX @ Mugello - Wed 8th October 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for a great race guys :)

Marko we had a good little race, I made a mistake into T2 or 3 and think I held you up, David just kept his foot in and passed us both lol ... I tagged some one when a 312t had a moment in front of them - sorry about that but I had like nowhere to go.

Good race all . Can't remember who passed me on the last few laps but it was an awesome clean move - nice

I'll have to say that imho this car combination was'nt very good. The 312t is so much slower going into corners that I'm impressed that not more Lotus crashed into my back (happend only once). On the start-finish straight I flew past some Lotus that had overtaken me, with something like 15-30 kph speed difference, just to hold them up for the couple next corners. It felt like 24h racing with different classes. Also the laptimes were quite different - after qualifying there were only Lotus on the first 7-8 places..

Marko we had a good little race, I made a mistake into T2 or 3 and think I held you up, David just kept his foot in and passed us both lol ... I tagged some one when a 312t had a moment in front of them - sorry about that but I had like nowhere to go.

Good race all . Can't remember who passed me on the last few laps but it was an awesome clean move - nice

Yeah, we were racing each other like half of the race :D But I guess I was a bit slower than you :)

Thanks for coming guys. The Evora was way easier to drive, that's true. Stelios was fighting for 2st place though and that proves the 312t has the speed in the right hands ;)

I was very displeased by some hit and run incidents I saw +some very careless (I'm very gentle with my words) rejoins to the track that caused crashes. There is a reason I always write to the special notes to use the map application and the virtual mirror.

What an amazing race.

Start went well, then I crashed with one of the Ferrari's (their brakes are insanely powerful!), went down to 9th, had to fight back, crashed 2 more times, and got a chance to fight for second in the last few laps.. Stelios did a wonderful job keeping that beast under control and on track, but fortunately for me he lost control for half a second, went a bit wide, and handed me second place.

I felt I had great pace all race long. What tires did you use? The mediums were the way to go, I can say in happy retrospect!

Highlights video being uploaded, expect many Evora vs Evora and Evora vs Ferrari fights!
(and some curses from Henri on Skype :whistling:)

Highlights uploading. This post will probably be edited by a mod again, but since I don't know the exact steps so that I can publish videos here that are allowed, I'd love it if that mod sent me a PM with some instructions! ;)

[mod edit] Please use the appropriate section for your video upload. Then you can link it back here by pressing the share button and copying the according bbcode
button1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an amazing race! A no-stop battle against @Dion de Martines who was faster than me, but I still managed to move from the 9th position after a terrible first lap to the 4th place!

Actually I was in 3rd place on the final straight, thanks to @Stelios Fevgatos 's mistake, but the amazing speed of the 312t saved him ;)

I also passed someone on the last lap after arrabbiate corners, I don't remember who was, but I'm sorry I touched you a little exiting the corner, my car slided a bit when I went back on the throttle.

Btw, thanks to everybody :thumbsup:

The 312 was a nightmare for me, i was deliberately doing 3-4 secs laps slower than my qualify lap because my main target was not to spin it for the whole race, which i didn't and i am happy for it, although i came really close some times!

The curbs were a deathtrap for the 312 and that S right before the last turn was making me grit my teeth every lap.

Being 2nd for 18 laps and then losing a position on the last lap was a bummer tho :)

Oh, and that evora-filled mirror wasn't helping either :D

Highlights uploading. This post will probably be edited by a mod again, but since I don't know the exact steps so that I can publish videos here that are allowed, I'd love it if that mod sent me a PM with some instructions! ;)

Nice video :)
Sorry for the touch at 5:05. Was trying to make your life difficult by staying on the inside. It was a brave move though ;)

In general an OK race for me. I chose the hard tyres as I noticed my tire temps were getting too high in Practice with medium. Was just lacking some speed overall. Great drive by the top 5, incredible, good job.

I over achieved by qualifying in third. Also I don't think hard tyres in the race were the right choice, anyone else go for hards on the Evora ?

Sure enough, was overtaken in the first few corners but there was a crash and I found my self in third again half way through the first lap and that's where I stayed for most of the race. Could see that Stelios was struggling in some parts of the lap but I couldn't overtake him.

The faster guys caught up towards the end and I finished fifth. Was hoping that Dion and Stelios would crash into each other but still fifth was my best ever finish :thumbsup:.

[mod edit] Please use the appropriate section for your video upload. Then you can link it back here by pressing the share button and copying the according bbcode

Example: View attachment 66801

RaceDepartment online race
by Stephen Sekhon on RaceDepartment - F1, Motorsport, Sim Racing

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back