Ferrari 250 GTO Coming to Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ferrari 250 GTO.jpg

Marco Massarutto has revealed a first image of the iconic Ferrari 250 GTO that is due to be added to Assetto Corsa later in the year.

As part of the Ferrari anniversary celebrations due to take place this year, Kunos revealed a while back that a very special Ferrari DLC will be arriving for Assetto Corsa during 2017, the first new Ferrari content in the game for a quite a while by all accounts likely to feature some of the finest cars ever released by the Italian manufacturers.

Part of the end of year blog post Kunos said of new Ferrari content:

"As you might know, in 2017 we will celebrate 70 years of the most iconic automotive Brand, and we’ll do it in our style, with seven of the most iconic and famous models created in Maranello. You can already start to think about your favourite ones, because you will have the chance to vote for it"

Presumably part of the new DLC package, Marco Massarutto has revealed a rather tempting looking teaser of the exceptional 250 GTO, long regarded as one of the most strikingly beautiful Ferrari's ever to be produced by a manufacturer world renowned for their design quality during the last 70 years of supercar manufacturing.

Ferrari 250 GTO.png

Produced by Ferrari between 1962 to 1964 for homologation into the FIA's Group 3 Grand Touring Car category, the 250 GTO very quickly went into the record books as one of the most desirable cars created by Enzo Ferrari and his engineers, supported by a long list of success out on the racetracks of the world. Using the then popular 3.0 litre Tipo 168 V12 engine, the 250 would be capable of producing 300hp when first launched, however as was the trend of the time the power down on the real wheels would be substantially biased towards the low end of the torque range, giving those lucky enough to purchase one of the 39 models produced a hair raising driving experience with plenty of opportunity for real wheel slip under heavy acceleration, something Ferrari and designers Giotto Bizzarrini and Sergio Scaglietti looked to help alleviate by adding wide track tyres to the rear of the car and the aerodynamic spoiler, helping shape the aggressive posture so famous with the 250 GTO.

With the car designed specifically to help Ferrari's quest to beat it's then main rivals Jaguar, Shelby and Aston Martin in GT racing, the 250 GTO marked a significant upturn in fortunes for the team. Securing the over 2000cc class of the FIA's International Championship for GT Manufacturers in 1962, 1963, and 1964 with such talents as Formula One World Champion Phil Hill behind the wheel of these beautiful machines.

Oh and that sound...
No details as to when the car will be made available, or indeed if the 250 GTO will come as part of a larger DLC pack or released as a standalone content are available at this time. Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for more information as and when it becomes known.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 by Kunos Simulazioni.

Assetto Corsa and online racing = Love! Check out our brilliant Assetto Corsa League and Club racing forum for great racing events suitable for all skills and experiences. We host regular events using popular content and guarantee a great time for all. Additionally we have a very active sub forum for the game where players can catch up on the latest news and engage with fellow community members here at RD. You can download mods from our modding archive, discuss W.I.P projects in our Modding Discussion Forum and try out a selection of car setups for a wide range of vehicles. Come on, get yourself involved in the action today!

Looking forward to the 250 GTO coming to Assetto Corsa? What other models from the Ferrari back catalogue would you like to see? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
It's always interesting to look at old AC threads after an update. I like how @kunos 's work teaches me to be patient before whining by pushing out updates with nice improvements fixing something I was about to whine about.

It's always interesting to look at old AC threads after an update. I like how @kunos 's work teaches me to be patient before whining by pushing out updates with nice improvements fixing something I was about to whine about.
Within a few days of my post earlier in this thread the RSR was released along with a few updates. I believe there has been one more update since and I have never had a better time in AC.

I must admit to a bit of chagrin when the update arrived. My first thought was to this thread; and after giving the RSR a go with the new update I was going to have to eat some of my words. I did. They were bland but filling.

I have spent time in AC since the update involved in some of the best races of my sim "career", especially with the RSR.

I am here to state that it was worth the wait and kudos to Kunos for making us wait so they could get it right.

On there website they was advertising for programmers ,
so unless they was updating the engine and features I seriously doubt they would hire these people there damn expensive ,
so from seeing this on there website alone suggests to me personally that there will be a **** load of updates coming in the next 12 months , unless they are preparing for AC 2

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back