Fernando Alonso very close to McLaren move

I am looking for to the prospect of Alonso joining McLaren again, and I am not overly upset about Jenson going. Personally I have a feeling at Ron is not a fan of Jenson, hence why he is rumoured to be losing his ride for 2015, but that is merely my own meandering thoughts..... And anyone who thinks McLaren Honda will revert back to the red and white livery are wrong. This was because of the Marlboro Project Four (MP4) years in the early 80s, which then became the McLaren Project Four which Marlboro jumped ship.

This will be a bold move by Alonso into the unknown, Honda powered MP4 30.... I hope as a lifelong McLaren fans he, along with Kevin can bring podiums and wins to the Woking team.

I am looking for to the prospect of Alonso joining McLaren again, and I am not overly upset about Jenson going. Personally I have a feeling at Ron is not a fan of Jenson, hence why he is rumoured to be losing his ride for 2015, but that is merely my own meandering thoughts..... And anyone who thinks McLaren Honda will revert back to the red and white livery are wrong. This was because of the Marlboro Project Four (MP4) years in the early 80s, which then became the McLaren Project Four which Marlboro jumped ship.

This will be a bold move by Alonso into the unknown, Honda powered MP4 30.... I hope as a lifelong McLaren fans he, along with Kevin can bring podiums and wins to the Woking team.
Me too, I just don't think Kevin Mag is "it".

Sorry for double post, but I read several articles published in French media about Button. The vice-chairman of the LMP1 program for Porsche denies the recruitment of Button. He said that the pilots will stay the same. And if a third car would be align for the next 24 hours in Le Mans, they will choose among the pilots from the program GT of Porsche.

Who will be his teamate ?

K Mag hasn't done that badly really, he's young, has the pace over one lap. He can learn more with Alonso over JB.
Except I don't think Alonso is the sharing and caring type of guy, but that's just a personal hunch ofc.
And while Kev haven't done bad he hasn't done great either, McLaren needs a duo like Hamilton/Rosberg, two drivers that will consistently score the team a lot of points, Kev has showed some decent speed but he isn't bringing home points for the team at a rate I'd expect from a top team second driver.

I think a move from Alonso to McLaren is good for both. The only problem that I see is that there aren't exactly warm feelings between Ron Dennis and Fernando Alonso. And about Button. I think that it is time to move on for him. It only can get worse for him. No other top team will sign him.

In my opinion Button is the last bit of 'clutter' from the Whitmarsh era that Big Ron is still trying to clear out in his recent refurbishment of McLaren

What amazes me is that it was Alonso who in a fit of pique started the whole McLarengate saga by dobbing them in.
It cost them a US$100m fine.
Now they will pay him 35m Euro a season.
Its all for sale isn't it.
even singing along to Putin's tune in Sochi.

And anyone who thinks McLaren Honda will revert back to the red and white livery are wrong. This was because of the Marlboro Project Four (MP4) years in the early 80s, which then became the McLaren Project Four which Marlboro jumped ship.
True, but if Alonso brings Santander with him then we have a red and white colour scheme too! :sneaky:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 221 14.3%