Fernando Agapito Jr Obituary (1985 - 2014)

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
fernando agapito.jpg

As we learned from Rockstar Games 3rd of September, and posted by his brother on Facebook the 2nd of September. Our fellow simracer, and RaceDepartment Rally Championship Season 4 champion Fernando Agapito Jr. passed away due to a cardiac arrest 20th August 2014.

Fernando was not only a skilled sim racer and one of the fastest drivers in the Richard Burns Rally world, he was well known in the world of Youtube as Yeardley Diamond. With over 50 million views, he enjoyed great success on his main hobby, as well as his secondary hobby - beating everyone in the RDRC at RaceDepartment. Fernando left a mark on many, with his incredible skills in modding, and video creating. He made videos that's become Rockstar Classics, he's been featured on Rockstar Games many times, while, at the same time crushing the opposition at RaceDepartment and Rallyesim. He never seemed to get angry, always had a nice comment about everyone, and took time to help out, no matter what the problem was. The world have lost an amazing artist, a huge talent, asset and not at least, a good person.

We at the muddy part of RaceDepartment would like to invite you all to drive in the Fernando Agapito Memorial Rally that takes place from the 8th to 12th of September over at the Rally Club. We will try to honor Fernando as best as we can through the rally, even though it feels so little.

This was nothing I expected to write, but it goes to show that life is fragile, life should come in a box that says "Fragile, handle with care". But it still wouldn't change anything, it can end anytime, anywhere. So never stop living your life, your dream. One day, it might be over.
I always say "see you later", or things that are similar when I part way with people, that way, it's not final, it's a optimistic hope for the future. Something I've never found goodbye to be. That's a final statement.

Goodbye Fernando Agapito jr.

This is shocking and horrifying news. Rest in peace mate! I will definitely join your tribute rallye. Maybe at least you can have a little smile then, seeing how badly I run for you. Sometimes I hate life so much. You deserved to live.

Omg i read this now. Never heard of this guy. I am so sorry. My condolences to his family and people who knew him! :( And bravo for this post from RD. People like me who never heard of him, get to know him.

May he rest in peace! :unsure:

I remember when I first started RBR here at race department. It's funny how my preconceptions where. I came on and drove all elbows and sweat thinking I was pretty good.

Then I saw Fernando's times.
I mean, outstanding.

I thought 'he must be cheating' so I watched his replays. Nope, no cheating not even a small cut, just pure outstanding talent.

It blew me away.

Out of desperation from my own lack of talent I posted some set-up query or something. Guess who answered first, yup Fernando. (suprisingly not Warren that time lol)

The answer was not from a lofty alien either, just a humble fellow enthusiast wanting to help me.

So I ran the tribute race tonight, it is unfortunately the only thing I can do, other than to offer my heart felt condolences to his family.
If they read this I my thoughts are with you.

RIP Fernando

jc

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline