Fernando Agapito Jr Obituary (1985 - 2014)

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
fernando agapito.jpg

As we learned from Rockstar Games 3rd of September, and posted by his brother on Facebook the 2nd of September. Our fellow simracer, and RaceDepartment Rally Championship Season 4 champion Fernando Agapito Jr. passed away due to a cardiac arrest 20th August 2014.

Fernando was not only a skilled sim racer and one of the fastest drivers in the Richard Burns Rally world, he was well known in the world of Youtube as Yeardley Diamond. With over 50 million views, he enjoyed great success on his main hobby, as well as his secondary hobby - beating everyone in the RDRC at RaceDepartment. Fernando left a mark on many, with his incredible skills in modding, and video creating. He made videos that's become Rockstar Classics, he's been featured on Rockstar Games many times, while, at the same time crushing the opposition at RaceDepartment and Rallyesim. He never seemed to get angry, always had a nice comment about everyone, and took time to help out, no matter what the problem was. The world have lost an amazing artist, a huge talent, asset and not at least, a good person.

We at the muddy part of RaceDepartment would like to invite you all to drive in the Fernando Agapito Memorial Rally that takes place from the 8th to 12th of September over at the Rally Club. We will try to honor Fernando as best as we can through the rally, even though it feels so little.

This was nothing I expected to write, but it goes to show that life is fragile, life should come in a box that says "Fragile, handle with care". But it still wouldn't change anything, it can end anytime, anywhere. So never stop living your life, your dream. One day, it might be over.
I always say "see you later", or things that are similar when I part way with people, that way, it's not final, it's a optimistic hope for the future. Something I've never found goodbye to be. That's a final statement.

Goodbye Fernando Agapito jr.

Rest in peace.
Ole you wrote a beautiful piece and the photo is inspired.
I hope his family can take some small comfort from the fact that in his field he touched a huge number of people and so despite being taken so young, in a way he did his part and made his mark to an extent many people who live to 80 or 90 won't manage to do.

Reactions: Dux
This was such sad news to me, Fernando was far too young and such a talented guy, it has come as a huge shock.
I became a "virtual world" friend of Fernando through the Rally Club, we had some great races during his early events, but then he quickly dominated our events to become our top ranked driver, and correctly sits at the top of our Rally Club honour board. Fernando gave much more to our Rally Club than just incredible driving skill, he was always helping us with event ideas, great car skins, and some brilliantly made video's. He and I shared many great private discussions.
This man, and his talents, will be sadly missed.

Condolences to his family.

Good work from Ole Marius for the nice obituary, and the moving pic done by Jack, both wonderful tributes.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%