Felipe Massa

• Andrew Evans

i think it's pefectly reasonable that alonso had no idea about the fix.... i'd love to type more but i'm being distracted by a mental image of alonso arc-welding massa....

For me it's not question of believe or not believe in proofs or Alonso's word, is more about pragmatism... will Renault get any benefit telling Alonso what they wanted to do? NO, so probably when Alonso asked about strategy (as you can ear in the records when he asked why he has to stop sooner than planned) they just said "don't worry about that, we have everything under control, don't ask more, we promise you will have chance of winning the GP"... so no sense to involve him as he only had to drive as good as he can, and he would do it anyway.

Massa said he will support Alonso for the title.
poor_massa.jpg

I think Massa earns more credits than that he receives now. For sure this wasn't his best season but he has shown enough pace in the past. People seem to forget that he almost became a world champion.

Next to Alonso a lot of drivers will look slow.

I think his speed was quite ok in the last few races tbh, he was sometimes even faster than Alonso. But his performance at the Indian GP was very disappointing, both for the accident with Hamilton, and for that he didn't learn from his quali mistake. It's ok that he says the kerbs are unsafe, but he was the only one who broke his suspension there during the race. Not safe? Don't cut it.

Edit: I seriously hope he'll have more luck and make less mistakes next year!

I agree, the kerbs were perhaps not up to scratch, but you're right. He was the only one that had an incident as a result of the kerbs and he didn't learn from his mistake.

I don't get the Massa hate. While i'm sure there's a bunch of other better drivers on the grid, they're all pretty settled up in other teams and I don't see McLaren or RBR getting rid of any of their drivers anytime soon.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 272 13.5%