Feeling / Seeing the Rev limiter

Hey I am using a fanatec CSW 2.5 + v3 pedals. On a DOF relaity m2 motion seat. just the 1 screen

Im manually changing gear but id like to be able to feel or see something I am assuming i can get a rev limiter a digital one to clip on the TV or something. Maybe that intergrates with sim racing studio?

I have a SIM Lab P1 with V3 pedals attached. With Fanalab running the accelerator vibrates with the limiter. As the P1 is so stiff I can sometimes feel it through the rig too.
Next step would be buttkickers etc

Upvote 0
You're talking about the world of "tactile" which is either shakers or spinners using something like simhub to drive them, assuming the games you are using outputs telemetry. I use an instance of the RPM effect for rev limiter bounce.

Upvote 0
IMO, 'feeling' with your ears is the easiest way :thumbsup: almost always change by ear, you get used to it after a while in the same car.
I think your right here! I do actually need to have the volume a bit louder. Thats for sure!

All the games I run have telemetry and I also have simracingstudio rather than sim hub. So shaker or spinners.. Also and LED strip by the TV Would be a good shout.

Upvote 0
I continue to work on engine effects, what you are talking about is easy.

Seat with tactile and max RPM water test, example

Simhub Software
What I have found over time is how to use certain frequencies along with specific response curves (not shown) to determine how the frequencies operate over the cars RPM range. With this, not only can we obtain a felt response for specific RPM but to create very different engine effect sensation and character to suit different cars or user preferences. I am still dabbling quite a bit with this but one thing is clear.

With Simhub not only can we create the best engine effects of any tactile based software offers but its possible to do such very effectively with only a few layers.

This example below, I was testing on large Buttkickers and it gives superb meaty idle with thick low end and inertia, then a gradually increasing feel as the rpm rises, a peak torque feeling to match the red light on the dash of the car and a very distinct max rpm load feeling. All with only 5 layers, what you dont see is each layers response curve in how it operates with the rpm but this will give an idea of low and higher frequencies being used to generate the felt character I liked for this car.

I would advise to read the forums more and on using quality tactile rather than buying the item you highlighted.
Much better results are possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can I use simhub with the DOF M2? currently I use sim racing studio.

Looks like an intresting bit of software. Id love a rev gauge or Led strip for it.

Upvote 0
I also have dofreality MP2 with GTO evo with Shakeit & butterkicker.....I notice the feeling based on the car in using........Not sure if you can use simhub with the the dof reality but im going to research it now....The SRS need to update the engine tactile...I know in simhub, when the car idle, the engine rumbled harder and as you rev, it smooths out... The SRS just has a constant rumbling

Upvote 0
I feel like you could potentially run both?

The telemetry should just be a feed.. they are then just both outputting.. feedback.

Im not sure how it would over lap.. I would defaintley be intrested to see your results. mine will be here next week so ill let you know if I get mine going.

Adding a rev limited via Sim hub looks less complicated.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea