Feedback / Suggestions / Proposals for the Historic Racing Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
All, you can leave your Feedback / Suggestions / Proposals for the Historic racing Club in here.

The only provisos that I have are the following:-
  1. Please have a glance back through the thread once it grows a little, to see if your suggestion/question etc has already been answered. For example, I've said a few times now that I won't be running F1 mods, so don't keep asking or suggesting that.
  2. Don't expect that, just because you propose something, it will be implemented, immediately or otherwise. We will have to do our research.
  3. Don't just spam full a load of mods that meet the car age criteria - we have limited time slots, so we cannot do everything. See the comment re: research above - we will NOT be taking anyone's word for anything - we will try things out ourselves.
  4. Let's keep it civil - you may not agree with someone's suggestion, but that doesn't mean you can just pour scorn on them or their suggestion.
I look forward to reading what you have to say...

I'm still not sold on the Historix - GTL is still easily the better driving experience - but rFactor does give us access to other cars beyond the "GTL / Historic Touring & GT" world, hence it's value.

Being brutally honest, P&G hasn't been a roaring success, maybe it's a little too similar to GTL, and I suspect Historix would be the same story, plus it's (Historix) quite an invasive install, so I'd be reluctant to use it on the RD servers.

Yeah I can see your point. How about this for an idea We could have a look around at the old mods for rfactor and list them and you and BOB could have a look at the list and make some awesome events from that list BUT no F1 as you have said before you wont run F1 :( what do you think?

i dont mind png the only issues i have with it is the cars just dont seem to react to any input and i know you shouldnt compare it to gtl, but going from driving a gtl car to driving a car from png i just carnt to adapt to the diffrent feel and lack of control i dont feel 100% comfitable, hence why i dont really race them, and that fact work is tying me down,

isnt there a version 3 update to come soon for png,

Yeah I can see your point. How about this for an idea We could have a look around at the old mods for rfactor and list them and you and BOB could have a look at the list and make some awesome events from that list BUT no F1 as you have said before you wont run F1 :( what do you think?

That's what the feedback thread is for - although as I said, parking a dirty great list of mods in there won't help us, as we will be testing and making our own minds up about them. The more mods suggested, the more lead testing time required.

is there any plans for us to maybe do a few races using race 07 retro pack, could be intreasting using the hill climb section,
Wasn't aware of this one. Those hillclimbs sound pretty cool, but I had to frown when looking at the added cars: Opel Commodore, BMW 3.0 CSL, ... looks like Simbin has been monitoring the mods we use :). I haven't touched Race/Evo for at least a year now but that seams worthy of 5 euros to me

More on topic of the PnG <-> rF thing: I also think there are more new things to try in rF as opposed to GTR2, euh PnG where most content (if not all) is ported from/to GTL, GTR2.

There must be some hillclimb tracks in rF, no?
On GTL:
* I missed the Merc event, does it get another chance or does the elephant belong in the circus?

ohh bathurst legends now that sounds appealing to me, got to be worth a look, could run a cool histroic touring series round some of the cool v8 tracks avalible, should imagine it would be popular like the boss 302s

juat had ago in this mod round a aussie street circuit, wow awsome fun

More on topic of the PnG <-> rF thing: I also think there are more new things to try in rF as opposed to GTR2, euh PnG where most content (if not all) is ported from/to GTL, GTR2.

Yes - rF gives us more mods of completely different cars - Historix or P&G essentially = GTL

** I missed the Merc event, does it get another chance or does the elephant belong in the circus?

The big Merc is nuts, but very good fun, the same way as the Jaaaaaag MkII is - it will definitely be getting another go. :good:

The thing you dont get is that historix is not gtl. gtl was the base for the mod and so much work was done with it. they redid the phis for every car to make it drive like real life cars and i would have to say they do. I have seen most of the cars at brands hatch for the last 2 years and gtl is so far away from that its a joke historx is so close rfactor is just as good as gtl if not better any thing gtl you can do with rfactor if you know how. like i see in a post you was saying about the sunset on gtl being the best at it but if you get the ski pack you can have it just as good. just look at the daytona we used in rdlms that has to be the best night sky set i have seen on any game i have ever played.

not having a go and yes i am an rfactor fan boy. i just dont like when things get over looked on games you like i think race has a really good rain set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back