1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback needed on forum speed

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Bram, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

The last couple of weeks the forum speed dropped dramatically for me. I have reverted some changes and upgraded one of the mods we run on the forum and hopefully increased the loading speed a bit.

I might have found a way to totally boost the loading of the forum to ridiculous speeds but first need to read up on the software and discuss it with our wizards :)

For now I hope it improved a bit for you.
  2. i had also noticed pages were slow to load recently, but now there loading fine :D
  3. Might be a browser issue guys. I run Opera, and never have I seen pages load so fast when compared to firefox, explorer, safari etc. In fact, just this weekend I loaded the forum in firefox, and it literally took 3 minutes to load, compared to seconds with Opera.

So, it could be a browser problem, but then again it could be due to plugins and other settings in your browser :)
  4. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

I have no issues, and haven't had any issues since I started using Chrome a while back.
  5. 3 minutes to load the page? I have never had a page from this site take more than 15 seconds and I use Firefox and access the site almost daily. Some times as much as 4 or 5 times a day.
  6. Bram

Google chrome seems to display some fonts and images a bit weird but in general it loads fast indeed. Opera I would not recommend using unless you really need to.
  7. Bram

15 seconds from the US is already too much for our likings. Hopefully we can at least reduce that to a third soon :)
  8. Booo :tongue:. Been using Opera for a long time now, no issues.
  9. Well Bram, I did say I have never seen over 15 seconds, my average is probably closer to 7 or 8. :)
  10. Bram

Still too much :) Goal is to make it zapping again instead of browsing ;)
  11. Euh... Here in Eastern Canada it's more like 2-5 seconds :p
  12. Bram

We installed CSS Sprites and it really speeds up the loading now. Try again and let us know if you notice a speed increase
  13. for me the website is fast,i must say that i havent problems with speed before.
    imho you could try to reduce the size of the background image,now you have 167 kb i think you can reduce without loss too quality.
    But i'm not an expert in this such of things.
    Good job!
  14. On average today the page loads are taking about 3 seconds for me. I believe this is an improvement as I wasn't really timing the loads from the past.