Featured Posts

I'm not very fond of the homepage now only showing two featured posts, instead of three. The clickable arrow to browse for earlier featured posts seems to be missing as well, which is something that I really liked. The space which first had a third featured post is now occupied by an advertisement slot. To me, it makes the homepage look messy and gives the impression that the news is less important. On top of that, having just two of them means that some new posts will be kicked out of the Featured News section sooner and sent to the Recent Posts section, where they get less attention.

Suppose, I spent a long time writing an article and submit it to the homepage where it is showcased in the Featured News section. If two new news items are posted quickly afterwards, my article would be kicked out and I'd feel very disappointed.

I understand that you'd need a bit of space for adverts, but isn't there a better place for it? The previous layout was excellent and the best I've ever seen on RaceDepartment.

Just my thoughts :)

We realized at the moment we don't produce enough content to maintain the 3 posts (not to mention 6!) featured section fresh, content stays there for days and days which is not good as it makes the site look abandoned.

If we receive more articles and increase our posting rates, we will go back to 3,6, 9 or whatever is needed :)

Thanks for your input ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back