AC FC2 2014 @ Spa - Fri 23 Jan 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I quit in agony. Sorry guys, next to no experience with open wheelers so I left to avoid ruining anyone elses race spinning once every two laps. Off to practice! :)

edit/ I'll admit I was too eager to join this one in the first place.

I quit in agony. Sorry guys, next to no experience with open wheelers so I left to avoid ruining anyone elses race spinning once every two laps. Off to practice! :)
I quit due to damaging my car twice :D
These cars are soo incredibly twitchy and just not for the 'regular' AC driver. Even the Exos 125 S1 drives easier IMO
I prefer the Abarths so much more, easy to drive, open for everybody, close racing but yet hard to become an alien and master it.

I had to leave on lap 13 as my brake pedal collapsed after i clawed my way back to 6th/7th

My biggest apologies to whoever i went into the back of in lap 4. Was a nice clean overtake by them and i totally missed my braking point. I did let them past 3 corners later but no excuse. I deserve to be banned. Again - im sorry. I think it may have been Henri

I did let them past 3 corners later but no excuse. I deserve to be banned.
No reason for banning when you know you are wrong and you just followed the correct protocol. ;) Don't be too harsh for yourself, I have tapped a few people as well during my RD career and they promoted me to staff member :p
Accidents happen and sometimes you have to man up and take your blame and everything will be fine afterwards.

Normally I am not the kind of guy who leaves a race before finish. But these damn Penalties are ruining the fun for me. I know, I should not spin out or somethin. But whats the deal of getting punished, running just a little wide on the exit of the last corner before the long "back straight" (that leads to the final chicane)??

And when I spun into the gras, hit the barrier than I get a penalty on top of that!
Thats just annoying. And I am thinking of don't participate in a RD Club Event anymore until this Penaltie-Thing is done.

Sorry for the rant.

You guys really shouldn't leave before the end of the race, I started in 12th and got 7th by the end of the race because of all the DNFs :whistling:
And that was with at least a dozen spins. I took front-wing damage on the first lap because someone locked-up/slid into me on the chicane after eau rouge, and from then on I started spinning at places I never span before in practice or qualifying. About halfway through I managed to adapt to the new instability of the car, so had a pretty decent go from then on (still one or two spins though).
Pretty fun race, even though I didn't really get to battle anyone, I was so far behind/ahead of some people the only cars I saw were the ones passing me in the pit-lane when I was pitting, or @Henri Sinik I think, who was catching me on the last few laps ;)

not so much fun for me. Incident at first turn (as usual :() putted me in last position then lap by lap i gained again my 5th position...but i forgot where pit entry is...... :roflmao:.... other seconds lost. At the end i lost engine at 22th lap to complete another unlucky race. I love this car but i think it need a bit more grip on front tyres....but i know David Dominguez likes undeerster car.

Was a fun race for me, managed some nice overtakes, i think i was maybe the fastest on the track lap by lap overall, was on P1 infront of @Geoffroy Tassenoy gap around 6 seconds, but i did a silly mistake on T1 lap 7th or so, unexpectedly i lost the rears at the exit and dropped to P4 after that, pitted on lap 10th for Mediums, crashed at pit entry like a newb....lost much time in pits because it was 1st time i experienced pits in AC, after that i was on 7th place, got back to P4, later got to 3rd and 2nd, got behind Geoffrey who was P1, i got a stupid 5 seconds penalty because i went a little bit outside the white line in last chicane before last streight line, i pitted again for Super Softs in lap 20th, wich was a bad decision, finished on P4.

Highlights:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back