Cars FC1 2014 Season Beta [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Deleted member 161052

you have to change them from inside the skins folder , copy and paste the two dds files into the skins folder each time you want to change the colors
For me, it changes on different tracks

I just downloaded the f1 mod, and I know to put the 2 folders for the cars into the cars folder of Assetto Corsa, but where do I send the data folder and the HUD app folder? Also, how do I use the HUD instead of the ingame app to prevent a crash. I just recently got Assetto Corsa and am still learning about modding it.

It does, and it also feels very stiff. Try lowering any kind of spring/damper setting you can find if it's waaaay too excessive.

It's still in beta, though, and it has a lot of potential.
Tried lowering the setting as you said with different values seemed to give me more stability, but I think problem maybe more about vibration, steering wheel and cockpit vibrates like nobody's buisiness

I just downloaded the f1 mod, and I know to put the 2 folders for the cars into the cars folder of Assetto Corsa, but where do I send the data folder and the HUD app folder? Also, how do I use the HUD instead of the ingame app to prevent a crash. I just recently got Assetto Corsa and am still learning about modding it.

Open the 'opps' folder and copy/paste the f12014hud and place it here
(your drive):\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python
open the contents then the folders until you get to the 'icons', they go
(your drive):\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\gui\icons

Just place the folders, app and content located in the main hud folder that you downloaded into your main directory steam/steamapps/common/assetto corsa.
then when your in the driving screen hover mouse to the right and scroll down to the bottom of the apps and find the F1 hud.

Tried lowering the setting as you said with different values seemed to give me more stability, but I think problem maybe more about vibration, steering wheel and cockpit vibrates like nobody's buisiness

Oh cockpit vibration, maybe you changed a setting somewhere in a config file? Mine doesn't vibrate at all too much.

Note: 8th gear causes acs to crash if you use the Basic APP
can you provide more details on how to fix the 8th gear crashing, on how to add the app fix? Thanks... gotta say this thing drives great, sounds horrible, or should I say, exactly like the real cars.... never liked the sounds, but I can definitely see why Vettel was so harsh on the sounds after hearing it in car,,, Keep up the excellent work... Love the GP2 Mod as well.

I just found the F1 hud on Right when in game... now all is well.. thanks for a great start to F1 in AC... I echo the thoughts of others who have said F1 2014 and beyond will not be on my list of purchases... this is great... Finally an rfactor replacement with a modding community and core game to take us into the future.

All Smiles

Last edited:
Just place the folders, app and content located in the main hud folder that you downloaded into your main directory steam/steamapps/common/assetto corsa.
then when your in the driving screen hover mouse to the right and scroll down to the bottom of the apps and find the F1 hud.
Further to that your contents of the apps folder goes into the python folder. so assettocorsa/apps/python/F2014hud

where does the file called data go? I know where the lewis car file goes, the nico car file goes, and the F1 HUD zip files go, but what do I need to do with the data file?

Last edited:
where does the file called data go? I know where the lewis car file goes, the nico car file goes, and the F1 HUD zip files go, but what do I need to do with the data file?

You can simply ignore it, it came with the download by misstake. I remember @chargingcar mentioned that somewhere. :)

Edit: Just to clarify, the data folder already exists in the correct place so the "extra one" in the download is not needed.

Last edited:
can you provide more details on how to fix the 8th gear crashing, on how to add the app fix?

Hi Bosco, its not a fix its just turning off the basic app which is the second app in the list on the right.
(the one that shows the gear change speed and revs etc.)
If the Basic app is running as soon as you hit 8th gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline