AC FC1 2009 Williams FW31 0.9b @ Silverstone GP Sun 26th April 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It is fast and you can't relax for a second. I usually like to have a sup of wine when on a long straight - no chance last night!

Great vid mate!

I really enjoyed it but with such limited time in the car (downloaded just before), I hadn't yet got 'my eye in' with the finer points of the handling.

Will certainly spend more time in that bad boy.

Also, great to speak with everyone :)

Yes, this car is fantastic, one of the best cars in Assetto Corsa, the Mclaren MP4-13 is another great car mod too :thumbsup:
Perhaps a race between these two :whistling:

Got an idea for the next race guys!

i will change the Fiat 500 to an SLS and i will drive the SLS as a safety car! we will start under a safety car....and after any MAJOR incidents i will leave the pits and pick up the leader so people can pit...repair themselves and get back in the race!

any comments?

Now that I have think this more, I don't think this is a good idea. We shouldn't try to avoid those kind of situation. On the contrary, we should do more standing starts.
When we did F1 events with George Siebert we did always few practice starts and eventually race start went without accidents. And if we have only few races in a six month how can anybody expect a proper racing. Driving alone in hotlap mode won't prepare you for race with 10-20 real humans. These cars need race after race so that everybody feel comfortable enough to race side by side.

Agreed - look at it this way, if you could get a regular crowd racing these successfully, new guys (such as myself) will have to make sure that it's something to be heavily focused on - then the general standard of racing in 'standard' cars is going to be extremely high.

I did my best to stay out of the way at the start as I wasn't at all confident on the brakes until the tyres were generating more grip after a few corners - I don't believe I impacted on anyone's race.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years