AC FC1 2009 Williams FW31 0.9b @ Silverstone GP Sun 26th April 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well, those starts were a shambles :O_o:, managed to avoid the first start carnage, just. Restart, took my time, off ok, then cars come screaming up the inside/outside, bang! massive damage, tried to carry on, got to my first pitstop, took fuel & tyres, didn't fix damage, not sure how long that would have took, but in the end the damage took its toll as I tried to push, the car wouldn't have it.
Disappointed, after enjoying the practice & Qualy :(
Perhaps single file rolling start be better in these cars :cautious:
Thanks for organising @Si :thumbsup:

Apologies to everyone in the race.

Apologies to @Chark thought I had given enough room at T1, but I squeezed you and we touched, then hit @kedy89 trying to recover. Damaged wing at Copse caused me to lift and screwed things up for @Matheus Machado.

Then I was trying to let Tobi get by lost control and then wrecked him again. I left because my mind wasn't in the race anymore and didn't want to cause any more damage to others. I'll be taking a break from the EU races until I can drive in traffic a bit better.

Thanks @Si for organizing, and sorry for causing as much trouble as I did.

Reactions: Si
Apologies to everyone in the race.

Apologies to @Chark thought I had given enough room at T1, but I squeezed you and we touched, then hit @kedy89 trying to recover. Damaged wing at Copse caused me to lift and screwed things up for @Matheus Machado.

Then I was trying to let Tobi get by lost control and then wrecked him again. I left because my mind wasn't in the race anymore and didn't want to cause any more damage to others. I'll be taking a break from the EU races until I can drive in traffic a bit better.

Thanks @Si for organizing, and sorry for causing as much trouble as I did.
No worries about the lap 1 incident, watched the replay, not much that could be done. Was just frustrated at that moment because I had a good start in the first attempt, then that happened.
The second one sucked, but at that point it didn't matter that much anymore tbh, in my head I had finished with this race.

Apologies to whoever I touched going three wide out of copse (couldn't find it in the replay yet). Thought I could slip past you guys in the middle, didn't quite work out. Luckily nothing happend.

@John Grant: I'm just as frustrated about our collision as you are. But in my opinion it wasn't possible for me to avoid you, as you moved to the right under braking. Watched the replay a couple of times, will stick to that opinion.

What a learning experience that was! Jumped in and was running 1:38s when I managed to complete the lap... Did a 1:36 at qualifying and after following @Dragos Haba for a couple of laps (wish I could keep up with him for a longer time:D), I was able to make a high 1:33 with worn out softs!
I'm sure there will be even more improvements next time I race with such fast people (or aliens:alien: who know??:roflmao:).

Got an idea for the next race guys!

i will change the Fiat 500 to an SLS and i will drive the SLS as a safety car! we will start under a safety car....and after any MAJOR incidents i will leave the pits and pick up the leader so people can pit...repair themselves and get back in the race!

any comments?

Got an idea for the next race guys!

i will change the Fiat 500 to an SLS and i will drive the SLS as a safety car! we will start under a safety car....and after any MAJOR incidents i will leave the pits and pick up the leader so people can pit...repair themselves and get back in the race!

any comments?
Fantastic idea, but...... that would mean sacrificing yourself and not racing, not fair you should miss out due to other peoples mistakes, so while I think its a great idea, it just means the safety car driver missing out on race day
I would just have a rolling start perhaps at pit limiter speed until you cross the line :cautious:
Or can the pit limiter speed be modded for a quicker pace?

Fantastic idea, but...... that would mean sacrificing yourself and not racing, not fair you should miss out due to other peoples mistakes, so while I think its a great idea, it just means the safety car driver missing out on race day
I would just have a rolling start perhaps at pit limiter speed until you cross the line :cautious:
Or can the pit limiter speed be modded for a quicker pace?
i don't mind! its you guys who are the customers and deserve a quality product! i would enjoy the safety car role, and it would make a great video for highlights!

Well, I think I'll share the general disappointment of everyone here. This could have been a great race. Maybe some guys weren't paying enough attention, but I think @Dragos Haba is right: the netcode is far from ready for proper learning. However, I think we need to not give up and keep trying (I would definitely still join another race with these cars).

My race was OK, @Dragos Haba and I had a minor incident after the last chicane in the first laps, I had some wheelspin and I guess he couldn't avoid me... As a lot of you, I thought the "yellow rear wing" was going to be fine, but I had to pit very early in the race, since the car was barely usable. I then had to manage my tyres until the end, which was tricky but interesting.

Apologies to @Chark thought I had given enough room at T1, but I squeezed you and we touched [...]

You're fine mate, to be honest I can't even recall that indicent. Sh*t happens when racing fast cars like this. But we are all learning! ;)

Anyways, it was still enjoyable, nice atmoshepre overall, and thanks to @Si for putting up events like this one. Thanks also to @Dragos Haba for sharing some intel about the setup.

Would a longer race with free to choose strategy mean people have a more "measured" approach to the race rather than trying to go flat out every lap ?

The tyres wear down quite quickly in this car so you'd have to do some tyre management like in real F1 racing if you don't want to pit every 15 minutes !

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 318 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 217 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.5%