1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

FBMW @ Westwood Park - Thursday July 15th, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Stefan Werner, Jul 9, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT US-FBMW

Class: Formula BMW
    Track: Westwood Park
    Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (Friday)

Practice: open server
    Qualification: 15mins (9:45 EDST)
    Warmup: 10mins
    Race: 2x22 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
    We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

2. With Keith's background in Go-Carts and small open wheelers, I figured this event would be good tribute our #1 rated Canadian here at RD. Westwood Park is a short, but flowing circuit. The Formula BMW cars drive very much like a Go-Cart. They aren't very fast, but they bring a near endless supply of grip. This should a be a successful recipe to some intense door to door racing! Hope to see you there! :cool:

3. Entry List:

1. Stefan Werner
    2. Bob Luneski
    3. Keith Barrick
    4. Steve Crossland
    5. Eric Estes - Skin
    6. Yves Larose
    7. Brendan Crosby
    8. driver
    9. driver
    10. driver
    11. driver
    12. driver
    13. John Reznik (maybe)
    14. Larry Stovall (maybe)

4. I'll be there. I've only driven the FBMW about a year ago. SHould be fun

5. They are really easy to drive, especially after driving the F1 cars. lol. Should be a fun time. :)

6. Sign me up as a maybe. Been waiting for a chance at these cars for a while!

7. Please put me in as a maybe, but I really think I can make it. I really like this track, and it's very well done with respect to little details. Especially the "Honda" billboard at the end of the straight. Cool.

I was at the last race there in 1991, and it was like going back.

They bulldozed it right after the last race....

8. Just read that nice 2nd post by Stefan. Now how can I resist? I'm in

9. Yep, this sounds like fun - I'm in as I don't work Friday's ('tis 1.45pm friday for me in NZ)

10. I'm in

11. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

lets try this at least once, sign me up please

12. sweet, sign me up

13. pretty sure these things don't have doors lol

14. server is up...any problems please contact me in the next 2 hours or so ;)

15. sign me up please, if is possible to do this race...

16. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

I'll race.

17. Sorry guys, got home real late and am just beat. Really was looking forward to this race.

See you guys tomorrow.

Keith

18. Practice, qualifying and warm-up: My practice and quali times didn't compare to everyone else's in the manner I hoped they would, but I was pretty consistent around the track, so I decided it didn't matter. I did try some other setup options, and eventually discovered Brendan's setup lurking in the online files, so I decided to try it. Was too late to use it in quali, but in warm up, it got me a time better than my qual with a full tank of gas. Not bad, I decided.

Race 1: Started out pretty good. I fell to last place from 7th in the first lap and ended running in sixth for most of my race time. Got bumped from behind twice in a row on my last live lap...both drivers (I don't know who) stopped and let me continue...kudos there, definitely, golden rule or not. However, the second bump ended up giving me aero problems, and I gave myself two laps to fix it before pitting for repairs.

I pitted, and as they were sticking my new wing on the car, I lost connection. End of race.

I wasn't as immediately angry about this as you might think, even if it gives me an unenviable record of three DNFs in my last three races. At least it wasn't due to incompetence on my part. Larry has learned that he likes it better when he can blame his ISP.:)

Seriously, I was sort of expecting that, as we've been having disconnect problems over the last two days. As it is, at least it happened in the pits.

Overall, while my stint in the race was brief, I was happy: I kept sight of the cars in front of me until the impacts I mentioned, and even seemed to be gaining at various points. I really like these cars; hope I get a chance for a full race in them again soon.

Track wise: This track isn't as much raw fun as AMS, but it competes with it for being the most 'natural'. I was doing consistent laps practicing yesterday very, very quickly.

19. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

My sound went out during the warmup and I was going to see if I had it in the race.

R1: I had no sound but figured to give it a try. No tire squeal, no wheel lock, no sound from the motor. I tried to get around but over reving was just killing me and the motor. Too much extra to think about and contantly trying to keep a part of an eyeball on the tack on the right side of the screen. It didn't work. Stefan, You never touched me, no reason to wait on me.

R2: I thought I might have figured it out but sound was still out so I just pulled off.

10:48pm, I just got sound out of the speakers but I was on my [wireless]headset so maybe the battery was down in them. Once in a program, can't be switched.