Favourite type of race?

Tim Ling

It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work
I was just wondering what peoples favourite race type was. The reason I ask, is that many moons ago on Gran Turismo, my mate and I got tired of racing Vipers, TVR's and stuff, and switched to racing fully tricked out Mazda Demio's. Slower, but just as much fun.

What's your fave?

• Dallas Willms

When I race with the big beasts I just end up trying to push the car way past my abilities and put it into the wall over and over, so I stick with small-medium cars for the most part.

• Stirb Iuliu

I've voted for big cars, Enduro.

Big or medium cars, open wheelers and so forth are just as fun, however, I definitely prefer enduro type racing over short sprints.

Definitely enduro races, just love them, strategy (pit stops, tires engine and fuel management) adds lots of fun and work.
I go for GT and Tourism cars, but give other kind of car as long as it is an enduro race, i will enjoy for sure. :thumb:

Cheers

As for races I definately prefer enduro, somewhere in the lines of 45-90 minutes races with the GT1 or Wtcc cars.
With the Wtcc cars you end up having a tighter field as they are easier to drive fast and the differences usually are a bit smaller.
However if you have a good players field in a 90Min Gt1 race..o boy thats intence. And offcourse a endurance race will have more variables to it which makes it more intresting.

My best ever sim experience to date with a endurance race was a 90min GT1 race on Spa2003 with a starting field of 24 cars. I ended up battling for 1st for the whole 90 minutes which left me shaking and totally nackered when done. Ended up 2nd btw ! And 3rd - 7th places all was following within 12 seconds as well. Simply brialliant !

• Ian Landry

Depends on what you mean by enduro... I just fid myself that past 1h00 it's difficult to fit with my schedule when you count in the practice time, the qualifying, etc... but yes, it's more fun than just 5-10 laps.

Ian

driving style

i like also the "slower" racing cars
To make the differece on one lap, your driving style has to be very good.

you have to drive more clean, no sliding, braking at the right moment;
If you lose speed, a powerful car can make that good quickly, with a slower car you lose more time

Like driving a two stroke kart or an four stroke kart.

My favourite slow car for the moment are the mini's

• Mikkow

i like also the "slower" racing cars
To make the differece on one lap, your driving style has to be very good.

you have to drive more clean, no sliding, braking at the right moment;
If you lose speed, a powerful car can make that good quickly, with a slower car you lose more time
I have to somewhat disagree - I think this is mainly because the faster cars are usually much harder to drive (so much less time to think/react, so much more power and much larger range of speed to deal with, downforce). It's just that it's much more difficult, and then people tend to be less good at driving them, so errors like that aren't noticed as much as they would be if the drivers were very skilled.

In any competitive level of motorsport, if someone makes a mistake the others capitalize on it if they have the opportunity. As long as the skill level is very high.

-----

I voted for medium/small cars and sprint. I have ADD and concentrating for a long time is hard. Also some hand problems, so enduro racing is not good for my poor brain or hands. I'm starting to like open wheel cars a bit more. I watched too much formula style racing on TV lately, it's a strong influence (F1, A1GP and some more).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 425 39.5%