1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite cars to test a new track & Favourite tracks to test a new car

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Kennett Ylitalo, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Just a thought, many of us propably has aquired certain routines they use when testing new tracks. I'll give my top three:

Track test:
    GT Pro Gumpert
    WTCC2007 Peugeot
    bonus: Radicals SR4 252

Car test:
    Brands Hatch
    bonus: Cicada once it's finished
  2. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

This is in no particular order.

Track Test:
    FVR V8
    Audi RS4
    350Z GT
    Alzen Porsche
    Ferrari 458 Italia GT
    Ferrari 550M GT
    BMW E92 M3 (street)
    Muscle Cars (street)
    WTCC Extreme

Car Test:
    Most Autodrom
    Alpine Hills
    Daytona Oval
    Oran Park
  3. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one. Premium Member

I just choose something faster acording my mood. It's Corvette or BMW Extreme most of the time. Paddle shifters first, then SQ or H.
  4. SEAT Leon / AMS Renault Test Track
    that is what I always use, unless it's a car/track for a league in which case I use my league caror a track from the league :)
  5. If I am doing a circuit test video I like the production viper for drifting twisty circuits.
    For historic period circuits I like either Reto Max or any GT cars.
    I especially like the BMW Z4 Turbo from the power pack and the FIA_GT_2008 mod which includes Ferrari F430..
    For fast modern circuits I like GT cars or WTCC Extremes.
    However I like to mix things up a bit and my next circuit test video will be BTCC98 at Preluk 1974 (if I get time).

To quickly learn the limits of a new car Puebla is good. If you use a free practice offline you can go in any direction and use the oval if you want.

Another good thing to do if you want a new car is take it onto the Targa Florio (if you wan't to learn the Targa Florio you will need all the track time you can spare).
  6. If I have limited time to learn a long circuit I do the first few laps with Mak Corp F1 (in order to squeeze more laps in per time).
    • Like Like x 1