1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fastest Touring Car??

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Andrew Herron, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Hey guys,

I would just like to know your opinion on what you think is the fastest Touring Car in all the Simbin games.

2. The DTM cars, as they are the 'fastest touring cars in the world' according to the marketing and advertising for the past few years.

Failing that..the Extreme WTCC cars of course ;)

:)

3. If by "Touring Car" you mean the normal WTCC cars, then there are many that you can be fast in. The BMWs are undoubtedly the fastest with a skilled driver, but the SEAT and Honda are the fastest out of the box. The Peugeot 407 is very good as well. :)

4. the honda, really?
    that's nice!
    it's my favorite car

but I heard another opinion here at RD
    that the honda handles like a dream but that it's o so slow...

5. Ford is Lord. :)

6. Ive been using the Peugeot 407 online and it get on with it, especially with a good setup ive kept up with BMW E30's.

7. I was the fastest with the Chevy Lacetti always!

8. No way, man...

If you race it well the Honda's really fast, almost as good as the BMWs speed-wise. It's one of my favourites. :in-love:

9. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Honda's are the fastest I think. BMW are best when the driver knows what he is doing and knows how to set it up. Alfa's are slowest.

10. How DARE you!! :curse: :th_sur:

11. I think, the answer is depends on how to drive..
    If drive it as an drag car..just straight forward, maybe Honda (FD)
    is the fastest car.
    But in racing, all of track has difficult corner...
    In that point of view, I think BMW(RD) is the best.
    but BMW is one of the difficult car to maneuver.

12. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

All cars are designed to drive more or less the same laptimes. It all depends on the driver behind the wheel.

But in top speed the BMW 320i E46 is the fastest in a straight line i think

13. It really depends on the driver and the setup. If we used the stock setup and the same driver the C30, Accord and Leon would probably be quickest - they seem to be the best on Simbin setups compared to the other cars. With a few tweaks to the other cars though they can easily run the same laptimes as one another. Take the BMS or the 407, horrible on the standard setup but if you work at the setup quite a bit then you can easily get another second if not more out of the car.

14. another one:

what would be the fastest gt-car?
    The audi R8?

15. To finish off my point, I think the Honda has good top end speed, the BMW has great acceleration of the line and the Volvos hold the corners really well. The seat is a great all-rounder and the Peugeot is surprisingly good.

16. The C30 has always been strong from what I've seen personally. The BMW can really struggle in race situations with bumps etc but has superior tyre wear, the Honda's brakes are excellent, although it's a little gutless, the Peugeot has an excellent ability to change direction, and the Leon is a mix of all. Although of course the new TDi is quick in a straight line and a pig around corners :D

17. For me the fastest is Honda but If you can drive BMW it will be the fastest option

18. ha ha wait a sec...
    I think it's obvious that the Lada from Race On clearly has an advantage in every possible area.:bulgy-eyes:

19. Except for looks. :tongue:

20. I love the Alfa's they're may favorite.