Fastest Lap competitions

I hope this ends up in the correct thread, please forgive me if not: I would like to ask the staff members who set up the races if they would consider doing some more fastest laps competitions? It is one of my favorite formats as I can spend ages experimenting with different cars and different set-ups. I also end up knowing a particular track in far more detail than I would normally. Personally I lean towards the longer tracks for stuff like this such as Nordschleife or Targa Florio. I also really like it when more than one class of car is allowed and separate records are maintained.

I hope this ends up in the correct thread, please forgive me if not: I would like to ask the staff members who set up the races if they would consider doing some more fastest laps competitions? It is one of my favorite formats as I can spend ages experimenting with different cars and different set-ups. I also end up knowing a particular track in far more detail than I would normally. Personally I lean towards the longer tracks for stuff like this such as Nordschleife or Targa Florio. I also really like it when more than one class of car is allowed and separate records are maintained.
I have been giving this some serious thoughts Paul, and ive been trying, without success, to find the name of long tracks.

If you, or anyone, can give some pointers and names, ill sertainly have a root around to find a good'en, but for now, i think on Monday, I'll start one off with the ol' Green Hell!
But before i do, i need to check the workings of info gathering, et al

Also worth mentioning, the hot lap competitions aren't affected by people's schedules so much. You don't have to miss them because something clashes with it. Which I find really nice to work with. Even if you're just having an off day, you can come back the next day. :)
I plan on running them for a calendar month at a time so there will be plenty of time to set a lap.

@Marco Bijl That would be excellent mate, thank you

The newest long track is Erzgebirgsring

Download here http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=36540
Some screen shots here http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/race-series-screenshots.15366/page-42

Please can we have the Targa Florio. It needs 3GB memory on the server (and drivers computers), If RD have not 3GB memory server maybe someone from the membership can host it?
Track Length : 72km.- 44.74mi. Track Num. Turns : 567 Track Year : 1967

The offline version works online. I don't know why there are two versions. The online version needs 4GB hence a 64bit OS so go with the normal version (it works online).
http://www.weissbierbude.de/compone...sortby=*&charfilter=T&location=Italy&limit=10

This is rFactor. Race07 version has better physics and tire scuff sounds.

I am still trying to get it going mate, it hasnt been forgotten about.
I havent a clue where to start with it, its not a case of just setting of a server, theres special things int background that need doing, and i dont know what they are.

Fingers crossed though, it will be with us soon!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%