1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Fastest Lap competitions

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Paul Dillon, Aug 31, 2012.

1. I hope this ends up in the correct thread, please forgive me if not: I would like to ask the staff members who set up the races if they would consider doing some more fastest laps competitions? It is one of my favorite formats as I can spend ages experimenting with different cars and different set-ups. I also end up knowing a particular track in far more detail than I would normally. Personally I lean towards the longer tracks for stuff like this such as Nordschleife or Targa Florio. I also really like it when more than one class of car is allowed and separate records are maintained.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

I have been giving this some serious thoughts Paul, and ive been trying, without success, to find the name of long tracks.

If you, or anyone, can give some pointers and names, ill sertainly have a root around to find a good'en, but for now, i think on Monday, I'll start one off with the ol' Green Hell!
    But before i do, i need to check the workings of info gathering, et al

3. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

We will have some PM's Chris :) I have both the tracks, and the script you need to do the hotlap competitions.

Not sure if we can do different cars and records at once, but we will have some talk about it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Also worth mentioning, the hot lap competitions aren't affected by people's schedules so much. You don't have to miss them because something clashes with it. Which I find really nice to work with. Even if you're just having an off day, you can come back the next day. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

I plan on running them for a calendar month at a time so there will be plenty of time to set a lap.

@Marco Bijl That would be excellent mate, thank you

• Like Like x 2
  6. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Thank you very much Kimmo, it looks like a challenge! lol

7. No problem.

1 lap 72 km about 30-40 minutes :)

8. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

GOOD GRIEF! lol
    I hadn't realised it was that long. WoW

9. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one. Premium Member

40 minutes? :confused: I prefer shorter tracks. :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. I would appeal for (or even beg and plead for) Nordschleife. Around 6 mins 45 in a fast radical or a zonda. The hill limb track is also a great one for this sort of thing.

11. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

It wont be this monday more than likely, but as soon as i get to know the ins and out of the program needed to record times and such, I'll get them started.

Belive me, I'm looking forward to getting the started!:p

• Like Like x 3
  12. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one. Premium Member

I watched a video yesterday with Stirling Moss and have new favorite - Mille Miglia. :laugh:

Hope to see some competition soon.

13. The newest long track is Erzgebirgsring

Download here http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=36540
    Some screen shots here http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/race-series-screenshots.15366/page-42

Please can we have the Targa Florio. It needs 3GB memory on the server (and drivers computers), If RD have not 3GB memory server maybe someone from the membership can host it?
    Track Length : 72km.- 44.74mi. Track Num. Turns : 567 Track Year : 1967

The offline version works online. I don't know why there are two versions. The online version needs 4GB hence a 64bit OS so go with the normal version (it works online).
    http://www.weissbierbude.de/compone...sortby=*&charfilter=T&location=Italy&limit=10

This is rFactor. Race07 version has better physics and tire scuff sounds.

14. Mille Miglia is not the same race as the Targa Florio.
    They are similar but the former is on the main land and the latter is around Sicily.

15. I suggest no collisions (ghost cars) and no password (this will attract people from other communities like Weissbierbude and it would be fun to compete with them during sessions).

16. James Woods

James Woods
    Duvel

Noway i'd do targa! I've driven around it in rfactor a few times and it just does my head in after a while, it's just far too long for me. Will definitely do Nord though.

17. still weeing in my pants with excitement waiting for this to start. My job has caused me to drop out of a few races recently, at the last minute, so something like this would suit me fine. And as for the track? for me, the longer the better. Cheers:)

• Like Like x 3
  18. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

I am still trying to get it going mate, it hasnt been forgotten about.
    I havent a clue where to start with it, its not a case of just setting of a server, theres special things int background that need doing, and i dont know what they are.

Fingers crossed though, it will be with us soon!

19. James Woods

James Woods
    Duvel

If i can offer any help to get this set up faster, let me know. I'm not bad with techy things.