Faster Than Speed - Hungary: Zoltan scores in WC as Carlos takes pole & podium on his FTS debut!

hun_points_pole_podium_white.jpg

Faster Than Speed had a strong Sunday at the Hungaroring, with Zoltan Csuti securing the last point in the World Championship race after starting from the back due to a grid penalty.

Carlos Martín made his FTS debut in the World Trophy, and despite technical issues which cost him the chance to win, he took pole, fastest lap and a podium finish in a blistering team debut!

In the World Championship, Giuseppe Marconi qualified in 20th place. Hungarian Zoltan Csuti was his team-mate at the Hungaroring. Due to a Back of the Grid penalty from a previous round, Zoltan had to start his home GP from last place. We thank our friends at Crown7NetRex for allowing Zoltan to drive the FTS-P13 this weekend.

Zoltan made a very good start, overtaking several cars before having a small moment in the chicane section, from which he recovered quickly. He drove a very strong race, showing very consistent and quick laptimes and deploying a three-stop strategy, driving most of the race on hard tyres before a final stint on softs. Despite starting from the back, he ran as high as 8th before his first pitstop. He had to defend his 10th place at the end from a charging Van der Linden on fresher tyres, but Zoltan managed to keep the position and score the final point for FTS.

Giuseppe had a difficult race. After driving a long first stint on hard tyres, he suffered a repetition of the technical issues he had at the Nürburgring. Unfortunately, this time he wasn't able to continue and had to retire from the race on lap 34.

In the World Trophy, Carlos Martín made his Faster Than Speed debut, with the firm aim of fighting for the Drivers' Championship. The Spaniard settled in the team very quickly and inmediately showed what he could do with the FTS-P13. He clearly delivered his best performance of the season, taking his maiden Pole Position in Qualifying. In the race, technical problems with his downshift paddle heavily compromised the chances to take his first victory, forcing him into a few errors. However, he still showed he was the quickest man on track, setting the fastest lap and finishing the race in 3rd place, scoring the team's first podium of the season! The result moved Carlos up to 2nd in the standings, 52 points behind leader Mark Aalberts.

Kevin Russo, meanwhile, scored his first points of the season, showing a very promising pace and finishing the race in 18th position. Carlos Hernandez and Alberto De Juan retired early, victims of technical issues.

The ninth round of the 2013 season will be the European GP, hosted at Valencia, Spain. FTS has won WS races at the street circuit in past seasons. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter (@FTS_Racing) and Google+ for the latest news and live coverage from Europe!

Faster Than Speed
Press Release
http://www.fts-racing.net

I want to thank FTS for the opportunity they gave to me. I was extra motivated for the weekend, Hungaroring is my favourite circuit and debuting with FTS made me a bit faster the last weekend. Its a shame that I didnt win the GP, cause I expected it, but there will be more opportunities Valencia onwards. Now im on holidays doing surf, I will take participate in Valencia but I dont expect being competitive but I will do my best, as always.

See you in Valencia!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing