Faster Than Speed 2012 Launch: New driver lineups announced as the FTS-P12 breaks cover!

Faster Than Speed 2012 Launch: New driver lineups announced as the FTS-P12 breaks cover!
2012_launch_rd.jpg

Faster Than Speed is proud to present its 2012 Formula SimRacing campaign. The time to unveil the incredible FTS-P12 has arrived, while it's also time to reveal our new driver lineups for the season! Ready for the panther to roar again?

After returning to the first grid box and the WC podium in 2011, FTS now gets ready to kick off its 12th FSR season this weekend, with many new talents who have joined the team during the winter!

The Launch Video!

We are very proud to present our spectacular Full HD (1080p) launch videoclip of the FTS-P12, prepared by Gabriel Montañes and Christian Smirnoff to present Ernesto De Angelis' latest masterpiece. Please don't miss it!
You can watch the video here:

The FTS-P12!

FTS cars are always aggressive, right? Forget about everything you knew. Ernesto De Angelis has done it again! The FTS-P12 is the most striking, aggressive and detailed FTS car ever!

The FTS-P12, our latest beast, features an incredibly artistic mean-looking panther, in the most stunning livery of the field. There are three different versions of the FTS-P12 livery, with the traditional black colour scheme replaced by red for our Panthers teams and a silver edition for our Cheetahs team.

Exclusive shots of our FTS-P12 contender can be found here.

Driver Lineups

In the World Championship division, Faster Than Speed is happy to announce that Giuseppe Marconi will be driving in his seventh FTS season. Next to the experienced Italian, FTS is proud to confirm the signing of John-Eric Saxen, who will take part on his sixth full FSR season. The Finn will be hoping to add to his tally of 3 WC podiums to date. We thank our colleagues at Precision Motorsports for allowing him to join FTS. John's signing means that Patrick De Wit will no longer be part of the team after four seasons. We would like to wish Patrick well for the future and thank him for all his efforts!

Giuseppe Marconi (#16): "I'm looking forward to what will be already my eleventh FSR season and seventh one in Faster Than Speed. I can say that I feel a little bit like Rubens Barrichello! My aims for this season aren't different than in the previous ones. I want to show the best I can both as a driver and as a technical leader. I have total faith in our lineup, which this season is one of the biggest since I joined FTS and I hope one of a very high quality. The goal for this season is to bring the car home and score as many points as possible with my team-mate John and the other drivers in every division. The new car looks great and I hope it is as fast as it looks. Our graphical designer did a great job as usual. I can't wait for the racing to start!"

John-Eric Saxen (#17): "I'm happy to get the opportunity to drive in FSR WC for yet another season, making it my sixth. Faster Than Speed is a special team that has been running in FSR since its early years, so I'm especially satisfied to be driving for this team, as it was always a team I had great respect for as an opponent. Although I am driving on loan, technically speaking, I'll be keen to push FTS forwards and hope to contribute by scoring consistent point positions, with the aim of being back on the podium this year. But above all result-oriented goals, I hope to have fun on track and enjoy racing as I did thus far, as it's the spark that keeps me motivated and brings the best results for me."

In both the World Series and World Trophy divisions, FTS will present completely new lineups, with a mix of long-time members together with many new talents we believe will surprise many this season.

Our World Series lineup features newcomers Carlos Hernandez and Bryan Stark, from Spain and Scotland respectively, in our Faster Than Speed WS team. Meanwhile, Spaniard Alberto De Juan moves up a division to partner Danny Lubbers, from the Netherlands, who will be making his FTS debut in Melbourne for the FTS WS Panthers team.

In the World Trophy division, Faster Than Speed will feature newcomers Matteo Zandona from Italy and Kevin Clark from Scotland in our Faster Than Speed WT team. Our FTS WT Panthers team could also be called (Super) Nicola Bros. as Argentinian Juan Nicola will be partnered by his brother, Sebastian Nicola who will drive his first FSR race next Saturday. FTS debutants Sami Pesari, from Finland, and Brazil's Francisco Oliveira, will partner in our FTS WT Cheetahs team.

Christian Smirnoff (Team Manager): "As every year, launching a new car and campaign feels very special. I'm very happy with our WC lineup, which combines Giuseppe's experience and technical leadership with John's natural speed and what I consider one of the strongest race crafts in the whole field. He's a driver I always wanted to see driving our cars. I am also very excited with our lineups for WS and WT, as we worked hard to renew the team with many new talents we have a lot of faith on. We are working hard and pushing to achieve great results, while always maintaining our usual team spirit. Before I forget, I would like to thank Ernesto for yet another work of art with the FTS-P12, and Giuseppe, whose help in our season preparations has been invaluable. Thanks to all FTS members for their efforts!"

Follow us!

Please check out our Faster Than Speed fan pages on Facebook and Google+ where you will find the latest team news, exclusive photos and more. Also, stay up to date with the team following us on Twitter (@FTS_Racing)! The 2012 FSR season kicks off this weekend in Melbourne, Australia, and we are ready to go, so... ladies and gentlemen... start your engines!

Faster Than Speed
Press Release
http://www.fts-racing.net

Grats guys and good luck!
It's always a pleasure to free my imagination when painting your "panther"...hehe compared to designing our car was like having sex with girlfriend or make an orgy!!! :) Just to use an example on a matter I never use! :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back