'Fast' circuits

I'm looking for examples of 'fast' circuits - not too many chicanes, slow sections, complexes, etc.

Silverstone, for example, is generally regarded as a fast circuit (at approx 145mph average speed in F1), compared to say, Hungaroring which is tighter and slower.

Can anybody point me in the right direction of examples to look at? It doesn't have to be F1 only - a track that's 'fast' in GT1 / DTM / BTCC series, for example, would be of use to me. Thanks! (hope the question makes sense..! )

I think they do, yes. It's a beautiful track to drive and to race on. The part after the Carousel is hair-raising fast. :D

Yeah I checked out some champcars or indycars at RA on youtube - its very fast, and also quite alot of elevational changes.

I originally asked the question because I am refining my track, which I suspect is a bit too fast. But, as I naturally like faster flowing circuits, whilst I think I have to slow mine up somewhat, I don't want to over-slow it. I wanted to see what real world tracks were out there to compare, so Road America is quite relevant.

Will need to check out some of the others mentioned - Castle Coombe for example. Spa was mentioned as being quite fast - I suspect mine is more open than spa, in terms of tightness of bends. I was aiming to match it for sense of "flow" if that makes any sense.

• Eduardo Gonzalez

How do you want to put in a very long straight in 4.83km?

Take a look:

layout.jpg

• Eduardo Gonzalez

No, but it has straights long enough to reach 252-283 km/h in an hi-tech open-wheeler. Perhaps you didn't understood correctly what i said.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 140 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 381 39.7%