Far Cry 3

One headshot does. With the Z93 at least.

With the signature sniper rifle it doesn't matter - upper body or head, they're dead either way. You can even kill 3 enemies at once by merely hitting the middle one. It seems to have some sort of weird splash damage. The IGN guide says it has "explosive, penetrating rounds" - but I can't see any sort of explosion in that case. It can blow jeeps up with a single hit as well, tho.

I generally find a vantage point and then tag and study the enemy with the camera, it's possible to shoot the animal cage to free the animal without being heard and I've found I can usually take out at least two or three of the enemy with the Silenced Sniper Rifle without being heard, just a matter of timing. The problem is with the Heavies as one shot probably won't take them down as they're well armoured.

I do like my stones and knife though, again I watch their movements with the camera and then find a safe place to lure them one by one and do a takedown.

I'll have a look at my weapons load-out tonight, probably pretty much the same as yours I think.

Have you maxed out your kit?, I still have the "Extended" kit to craft on most of the kit but as I couldn't get to the Southern Island last night I started back on the story and clearing up the Northern Island so it should take me long to find the missing animals to skin.
Same here, same here. It's all about playing like it's Project IGI. ;)
I've maxxed out my gear a long time ago, I've started grinding everything as soon as I could run around freely. :)

Did anyone else notice those gems?

NI8P3.jpg

IcvCF.jpg

Oh man this game is so fun! I've only done 2 or 3 of the actual missions but I have a couple of pieces of fully maxed kit and I'm focusing on radio towers and outposts.

My favorite way to take an outpost: Bow and Arrow + Melee. so ninja xD

This is an awsome game. Just whats needed while wayting for the leagues to start. Just finised the first map. I think every animal has kicked my butt and had me as a takeaway. Also got Hitman Absolution for later.:)

I Spent most of the time yesterday clearing up the stuff on the North Island, struggling to find a couple of Artefacts though. I finished extending my kit and then continued with the story and reached the point with the BOSS at Citra's Temple just before calling it a night. I hate using the bow, how the hell are you supposed to kill those things with a bow while back peddling in the dark :confused:

Is Hitman a 3rd person or FPS?

Yeah, the whole fantasy stuff was annoying to me.
The whole story, actually. I don't like modern FPS games. Follow the mark. Press one button. Follow the mark. Watch a 5 minute cutscene. Follow the mark. Noooo, don't go outside the area! I said follow the mark! Now press a button! Attaboy.

I will have to finish it, if nothing else, to stop those bloody 10 minute phone calls every time I load the game...

Other than that, still having some open world fun. Except the hard difficulty isn't that hard, so I'm running around with a silenced pistol. Not even the signature one, because I don't like the sights :p

I'm probably a bit of a gaming snob as I loath 3rd person games, they're console games to me :(. I think I have played two 3rd person games in all the years I've been gaming, one was MDK and the other the original Tomb Raider on PC. I think they should be 1st person (or at least switchable) and played with mouse and keyboard, I really don't understand why the consoles don't have proper mouse\keyboard support. A couple of years ago my mate started playing BF2\CoD on the PS3 with a Gamepad, I hate it with a passion, it's just not right.

FC3 is the first FPS game I've had the chance to use my G13 with and have to say it kicks arse, once you get use to using your thumb instead of your first three fingers for moving left, right and backwards it's an absolute dream.

I Spent most of the time yesterday clearing up the stuff on the North Island, struggling to find a couple of Artefacts though. I finished extending my kit and then continued with the story and reached the point with the BOSS at Citra's Temple just before calling it a night. I hate using the bow, how the hell are you supposed to kill those things with a bow while back peddling in the dark :confused:

Is Hitman a 3rd person or FPS?
you can buy maps of where the artefacts are in the gun stores. its a handy thing to waste money on when your wallets full.

Yeah I've bought all the available maps, still a few that are locked. I can see the artefacts on the map I just can't figure out how to get to them, they are more than like in a cave but I just haven't found the entrance yet, one of them was near a beach, I could see it in a cave entrance but there was an iron gate stopping me getting to it, I haven't been able to find the other entrance, sure I will find them all sooner or later.

BTW Tom how did you get your weapons loadout to show up like in the screenshot, when I look at mine I only see the four main slots, you have 8 slots?

I've figured out the heavy guys are easy to take down with a sniper rifle if they are facing away from you.

BTW Tom how did you get your weapons loadout to show up like in the screenshot, when I look at mine I only see the four main slots, you have 8 slots?

I've figured out the heavy guys are easy to take down with a sniper rifle if they are facing away from you.

4 weapon slots + 4 explosive slots. Mines, C4, molotovs & grenades. :)

Heavies: you can even take them out with a pistol from behind. Just in case you're out of ammo for the big guns. :D

How do you bring up that screen though?. I use the mouse wheel up\down to select next\previous weapon, the only time I've seen that screen is when equipping with a different weapon but even then I think it only shows 4 slots, I definitely have the Grenades, Molotov, C4 and Mines.

How do you bring up that screen though?. I use the mouse wheel up\down to select next\previous weapon, the only time I've seen that screen is when equipping with a different weapon but even then I think it only shows 4 slots, I definitely have the Grenades, Molotov, C4 and Mines.

Hold one of the quick buttons down, i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4. You can even move the mouse into the direction of your choice and pick a weapon that way - the game is paused once you hold the button down. :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 411 39.9%