Far Cry 2

• David Hal

It looks good,

but read something about max 5 installs on your computer,
because of secuRom:confused:

This year alone, i've format my HD and reinstalled Vista x64.
(Normally i do HDD format about three times in a year,
just to get a fresh running computer)

So with that thing of secuRom, it's for me a no-go.(sadly)

It looks good,

but read something about max 5 installs on your computer,
because of secuRom:confused:

This year alone, i've format my HD and reinstalled Vista x64.
(Normally i do HDD format about three times in a year,
just to get a fresh running computer)

So with that thing of secuRom, it's for me a no-go.(sadly)

You don't need to format 3 times a year, that's allot of formats in one year just to get a clean fresh running computer. On my XP rig I have to format sometimes in the year due to hardware changes and rebuild, but I could run the OS for 3 years without a format without all the changes to the system and keep it fresh and running as good as on the intial install. My Vista OS on my other rig has been running for nearly 2 years now without a format and is running just like it was when first installed. It just takes a little bit of maintence. I.E defrag, cleaning registry, keeping the malware away, cleaning some temp files (Not prefetch) and just generally looking after your system welll, so you could be happy with Far Cry 2 if you did not do so many uneeded formats I think (sorry for the long off topic stuff mods etc! :ranger: )

But still would Ubisoft not allow more codes to be given out when you run out though? like ISI with rFactor, you get 5 unlocks with your code, when you run out of the 5 you email them with your details and they give you 5 more unlocks. :bananamario:

Here's a link from Guru3d for the games performance:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/far-cry-2-pc-vga-graphics-performance-review/5

I have a prob with Farcry2.
when i installed it and starts up to run then i get a little black screen and then i can't do anything with the mouse.
I tryed everything but nothing works.
I can hear a lot off game sound and voices but i can't play the game.
Maybe it's because of the new Nvidia driver that i installed today (beta version,2screenSLI)
I removed FarCry and i try it tomorrow again.

hey guys now i have got it!! ;-)
yesterday i tried to play it online... but it didnt work... :-(
i have an ubisoft accout to play online..
when you wanna go online you have to tell your user name, your password and the internet key... but who tells me my internet key???

can anybody help me???
greetz marcel

hey guys now i have got it!! ;-)
yesterday i tried to play it online... but it didnt work... :-(
i have an ubisoft accout to play online..
when you wanna go online you have to tell your user name, your password and the internet key... but who tells me my internet key???

can anybody help me???
greetz marcel

Marcel, it's your cd key that you use for your online key

You might have the same problem as me though, if your cd key has numbers, use your numpad and not the numbers at the top of your keyboard. For some reason, my keys at the top didn't work.

Other than that, the joining of a multiplayer game is the worst thing I have ever seen. You can't physically choose a server to join. It's automatically done for you to match your current rank with players of a similar standard. This means that if you want to play online with a few friends, it's a small chance that you'll end up in the same server :(

Marcel, it's your cd key that you use for your online key

You might have the same problem as me though, if your cd key has numbers, use your numpad and not the numbers at the top of your keyboard. For some reason, my keys at the top didn't work.

Other than that, the joining of a multiplayer game is the worst thing I have ever seen. You can't physically choose a server to join. It's automatically done for you to match your current rank with players of a similar standard. This means that if you want to play online with a few friends, it's a small chance that you'll end up in the same server :(

thx clive we made it work :bananamario:

but you're right, totally stupid with the servers ..

Yeah, I found out how now to join a server by a list - go to custom game and then the servers will appear.

It's still hit and miss and I feel it's in either need of a patch or a complete overhaul :(

Most maps are also too good for the snipers but hey, it makes the time pass and the graphics are still amazing. To be honest, I'm hoping CoD5 will take it's place as my number 1 shooter. At the moment, it's still CoD4 for me though over FC2

Yeah, I found out how now to join a server by a list - go to custom game and then the servers will appear.

It's still hit and miss and I feel it's in either need of a patch or a complete overhaul :(

Most maps are also too good for the snipers but hey, it makes the time pass and the graphics are still amazing. To be honest, I'm hoping CoD5 will take it's place as my number 1 shooter. At the moment, it's still CoD4 for me though over FC2

At least the singleplayer mode is just amazing, isn't it?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back