Fantatec v3 rumble motor question

G-Slev

Rubbish Racer & Amateur Motorsport Photographer
Premium
Hey everyone. I have had a set of fanatec V3s for a couple of weeks now, and they are superb. However, I am struggling with getting the vibration motors working in a tolerable way. Some people say to use simhub, some say use fanalabs and some say to use fanaleds.

Please could you tell me which app you use to run the motors, and also post the settings you use for assetto corsa so I can try out some different configurations please so I can find the sweetspot?

Well first you need to understand theyre kinda just a gimmick. Its like they either work at 100% or at a level too low to feel them.

I couldnt "feel any information" from them. They just kinda buzzed when my wheels locked up..

What I would do is wire that motor (even add some to the other pedals) to an arduino and run them off simhub.

I dont think youre going to find any improvement. The things you tried are your options.

I hate to be such a downer but those pedals were not what I expected and I assume everyone who buys them have the same expectations I did which turn out to be well, a gimmick like I said. I dont feel they even added any sort of immersion. Just an annoying buzz.

Check out simhub's "shakeit" program. Its so much easier than it seems at first glance. 25$ in hardware, a little bit of soldering, and a simple setup then you have something actually useful.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea