1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fanatech Handbrake for console

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Oops, May 14, 2016.

1. Hi all I would love to buy the fanatech handbrake for my pc simracing but I also do quite a bit of racing on the consoles (both xbone & ps4) so I would love to use it on these as well but my problem is that I have a thrustmaster set up ie Tx base & T300 base so is there any way I could use it with these can you purchase an adapter ?

2. Azure Flare

Azure Flare
    World's fastest mobile chicane Premium Member

You can buy a USB adapter from Fanatec that works with both the handbrake and Clubsport shifter. It only works on PC though.

3. It actually says on the fanatech website that it can be used on gaming consoles, but I'm not sure how you would connect it ?

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  4. Azure Flare

Azure Flare
    World's fastest mobile chicane Premium Member

To make the handbrake work on consoles, you have to plug it into the V3 pedals. For the consoles, I think it will work on Project CARS, but don't expect it to work with other games.

5. Yeah after reading various posts on other forums, I've come to the same conclusion, I think the only way around this it is to modify the wheel something like this
    http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/20353-handbrake-mod-for-t300-on-ps34/
    but it will void the warranty.
    There are a couple of extra cables hidden inside the front of the T300 I think these are for extra shifters or something could you could use those?
    Just a thought maybe some one on here could shed some information on this :)

Last edited: May 15, 2016