Fanatec V2 hub Chirp or high pitch squeal

My Fanatec V2 wheel base makes an intermittent chirping or high pitch squeal noise.
I have noticed it does seem to occur with no fans running and after some hard FFB and mainly in AMS.
Fanatec support want me to send it back to them for repair, but I am not keen to send it back t them as I don't trust repairs to newly purchased components (bought it in mid May this year)

Has anyone had or having a similar issue?

This is coil whine, it's the same thing graphics cards and computer PSU's can suffer from. Google coil whine as there is plenty of information on this. Coil whine is not an indication of an impending failure, it's just annoying.

Search the Fanatec forums, other users have reported this going way back. Fantec promised a firmware update to regulate the voltage to keep this under control. I have no other information than that.

If you power off and on your CWS2 base the squeal should temporally go away.

Upvote 0
Hi Jeremy,
Thanks for your comments. I will read up about that.
It may well be the case, and as the noise is intermittent it is then likely related to the components temperature and resonant frequency.
I will keep monitoring it, but I have not had the noise back for a few days now :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back