fanatec sq shifter quality/reliability?

Bez

All the gear, no idea...
I finally managed to get hold of the missing clutch for my heusinkveld pedals and have started thinking about upgrading my thrustmaster shifter to a fanatec sq shifter. My main worry is build quality as i see too many complaints from customers about fanatec products failing.
Is the fanatec shifter much of an improvement over thrustmasters offering and has anyone had any problems with reliability and build quality of the fanatec shifter?

Dont apologize Bez, you didn't do anything wrong, Its just nothing we need to start a new thread on. GTP has a few Really quality threads on the subject and you can get a Variety of guys opinion's on the shifter.

Upvote 0
I own a TH8RS and a CSS SQ v1.5. I prefer the TH8RS for H-Pattern and the CSS SQ v1.5 for sequential. Both are durable so nothing to worry about there.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Curious what do you like more about TH8RS.
I owned one for over a year, just recently switched to CSS and IMO SQ in both H and S mode just blows TM out of the water.

Upvote 0
My shifter sequential spring broke after four months.

Took from October to mid December for Fanatec to service it.

My mate got one at the same time, and now his six-speed sensor broke.

I love the shifter, but my experience is not that it is rock solid and durable.

Upvote 0
I have the original Clubsport shifter (V1.0) since the beginning (3 years ?). The H mode does not work anymore but I only use the sequential mode so it is not an issue for me.

It is a great product especially if you want both SQ and H. The sequential behaviour if very nice, the travel is a bit long but it gives its unique feel to this shifter... But it would have been better if it was adjustable.

I have changed for the Derek Speare Design 2015 shifter (sequential only) but I keep the fanatec for PS4/Xbox One. I consider the DSD shifter as an upgrade even if prices are relatively similar.

The Heusinkveld webshop also currently has their shifter in stock: it is cheaper than fanatec sq or dsd. It might be an interesting option too.

Upvote 0
mine broke after a few months (gearstick just came off :O_o:)
emailed a vid at fanatec
10days later i got it back, fixed
haven't had a problem since

quality : :O_o:
customer service: :thumbsup:
shifting feel: :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
I have css sq and there is 1 main design flow - The spring for the sequentuial mode WILL brake soon or later(depends how often is used on sequential mode). Mine broke after 2-3 months while I was not using it too much on SQ mode. Fanatec sent me new spring and I replaced it - it is fairly easy byt annoying. Now I m waiting for it to brake again :)

Upvote 0
Had mine nearly 2 years and its great, perfect working order, strong and solid feeling and i'm exceptionally happy with it.

Good choice, however I don't have experience of other shifters so my opinion is fairly limited.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Ya had mine only a few months and H shift started acting up - would not stay in specific gear (3-4 mostly) - so H shift is useless. But i had first model before they upgraded the sensors. I assume they will be much better. Other than that the Fanatec feels WAY better then TH8rs. Im back to using the Th8rs now and i will say its faster and i make less mistakes. :) and its bomb proof!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Just thought I'd add to this for the benefit of anyone else who reads this thread.
Last night the sequential shifter torsion spring broke in mine, this is the third time. On average it brakes every 7 months. I use the shifter one day a week.

To add to what Tim Meuris posted above.
quality: :O_o:
Spring quality: :poop:
customer service: :thumbsup:
shifting feel: :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Tssss, lot of complaints in sequential mode...
I haven't tried it yet since I only raced paddles and mostly Hpattern in AC
In H pattern it feels really good and I can't say I regret buying a css
but honestly I regularly check the Heusinkveld engineering website till there's more news about their H-shifter.
I think their buildquality will be more bulletproof

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back