1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Fanatec SQ shifter Broken spring

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Metzger82, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Metzger82

Metzger82
    Premium Member

Hi Guys,

It is a spring that is used to return the stick in the neutral position in sequential mode. The shifting works but the stick stays at 3rd or 4th gear position. I opened the shiter and removed the broken spring but cannot find the same nowhere in the web. I dont want to wait for RMA from fanatec just for this easy fix (shiping from Bulgaria would be very expensive). I sent them e-mail anyway with no answer till now.

2. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    Premium Member

Hi Metzger82,
    The spring in question is a custom made unit for the fanatec shifter, you can not get aftermarket springs off the net, Ive tried:thumbsdown:.
    I suggest you acquire a few spares from fanatec, they will more than likely post a spring to replace your broken spring, but I'd be asking for a couple of spares even if they cost a few euro, their worth having in a draw just in case.
    Good luck with it ;)

Cheers

3. Metzger82

Metzger82
    Premium Member

Thanks Andrew. I was thinking about spares too. Fanatec replied me after 2 days with "make a video and open a new ticket" I will do it but why for such simple thing they need a video ..

4. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    Premium Member

It's just their way of seeing some evidence of the issue in question I guess, doesn't need to be a long video. I'd just show the shifter not returning to centre and sticking in gear, and if you still have it the broken spring.
    Definitely get spares if you can, I'm dreading mine breaking again as I don't have any spares, might have to get some sooner rather than later, can never be too sure.

Cheers