Fanatec or osw

Hi guys and girls,

I'm currently running with a thrust master t500 rs and have been for a few years now (on and off)

Now I'm getting more and more into racing I'm looking at upgrading my wheel as having some issues with it (won't go into detail)

Anyway while shopping around I started to look at fanatec, and given the price now for rim, base and pedal set the cost is near £1500. For that price I'm sure I could probably get an osw direct drive wheel.

My question is, is the fanatec a big upgrade from the thrust master, and worth the coin, and how does fanatec compare with osw set ups?

Thanks,

I doubt you'll find the Fanatec a huge leap over your T500 in performance. The Fanatec rims are nice for sure, but if it's the best force feedback you seek then pass and go directly to an OSW. All direct drive wheels destroy belt driven motors, there's no contest.

Upvote 0
For me it depends. For the price of Fanatec base and wheel you'll get only OSW base. On top of that You need sturdy cockpit for DD wheel.
So it all depends on Your budget. Fanatec is a noticeable upgrade FFB wise but it is a definitive upgrade when You look at rims quality. They feel awesome in hands. OSW is probably another step up in FFB but You'll need quality rim for the full experience.

Upvote 0
I have a CSWv2 and I would have gone with an OSW at the time, but the integration of Fanatec wheels/bases means far less fiddling, so I went with the CSWv2 instead. There's enough fiddling with FFB settings that I didn't need to figure out the rim & button options, too. At the time, converting a Fanatec wheel to OSW was still experimental and not routine. I also could have gone with Thrustmaster at the time and been happy with the FFB, but... well, they're plastic.

I anticipate upgrading to a Fanatec direct drive when they become available. Not sure I want to be first in line, but probably soon after the user reports confirm all is well... which means I'll probably have to wait a year after release because of waiting list, LOL.

Upvote 0
Pretty much agree with what Emery and Piotr said. Fanatec's rim selection is second to none and they are all good rims (except for that cheapo P1 one). If you calculate the cost of OSW setup with a set of decent interchangeable rims that will probably be close to 2000 and you still would need to get some pedals. OSW is hands down the best choice when you don't need rim buttons or paddle shifters as it is easy to clamp any inxpensive rim off ebay on it but if you want something like Porsche, BMW or Formula rim that's gonna cost you much more than CSW setup.

Upvote 0
yea, i didn't know fanatec are bringing out DD. Couldn't find anything on price but they did state it's a step up from what they currently offer so im guessing 2k+ for pedals rim and base. Thanks for the info guys, think osw DD it is. :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back