Fanatec | Official Support Thread

W

Wido Rossen

• Wido Rossen

Looks pretty neat this wheel.....and it`s wireless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also try calibrating the centre position,
1. Bring the wheel into PC mode and turn it to its
center position, then press and hold LSB Button and
RSB Button at the same time.
3. Press Xbox Guide Button.
4. Release all three buttons.

Upvote 0
Thanks gents.

I'm playing GameStockCar Extreme, rFactor 1&2, Race07 Series and the wheel feel the same in all titles.

With my G25 when exiting corners I used to let the car straighten up by letting the wheel slide through the hands as the power straightens up the car(FWD) Now the car will just continue to to turn unless I pull it back into straight line. Impossible to drive fast with.

I have always used -100% FFB in rF and GSC so there is no problem there. I literally tried everything. Both drivers and Firmware are up to date.

Are there any files in rfactor/GSC than can be edited with regards to FFB ?

Upvote 0
Since the wheel is fine in Xbox, it is not the wheel. Since you are using 3 different titles, it is not the SIM.
Only item left is the driver(s) in the PC, any chance to test it with an other PC? Race 07 can almost run on anything.

Upvote 0
Hi Cote,

I have found out along my travels that when you turn PC mode on the wheels center spring turns itself OFF to allow the game to adjust the settings. Since I have the FFB on -100% there is nothing left for me to explore, other than some file editing which i'm not sure on, or if is even possible....

The wheel reacts the same way in Race 07 even with reverse effects on. :( I've tried looking for videos with a GT2 and try to notice if anyone lets the wheel travel throught their hands but it seems everyone has there grip firmly on wheel and dont let go.

I'm hoping this is not how the wheel should be reacting otherwise I will sell it.

Thanks for help gents, really appreciated.

Upvote 0
You are aware that the Fanatec does NOT use reversed ffb effects yes ?? so whilst your Logitech used -100% FFB (or in Simbin titles Reversed FFB effects) the Fanatec does not use this setting ? By using the wrong setting you would get exactly the effect you described ? unless I am misunderstanding your problem.

Upvote 0
I think a lot of guys have the same problem, that the Formula Rim and the BMW GT2 Rim button layouts are a bit weird, if you switch between both wheels.

Are any of you guys using a workaround already?
I wrote an AutoHotKey Script for myself, which allows me to switch between two button layouts ingame just by pressing a button on my wheel.

If there is any interest in that, I would refactor it a bit to make it more user friendly and would document it.

With the new hub going to be released soon it could be well extended, so you are able to handle as much rims as you like and have a fitting button layout for every single one.

Upvote 0
Guys, I'm having problems with my Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Wheel(6months old). I have contacted Fanatec good response at first but have now stopped responding??
My problem is I lose wheel movement in game randomly, shifter works but the wheel just sort of disconnects from game(not USB disconnect). Ive tried a number of sims and it has started to happen in them all, making online racing a lottery :mad:

I have installed the latest firmware & drivers as requested by Fanatec even reverted to the older driver but to no avail :(

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Guys, I'm having problems with my Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Wheel(6months old). I have contacted Fanatec good response at first but have now stopped responding??
My problem is I lose wheel movement in game randomly, shifter works but the wheel just sort of disconnects from game(not USB disconnect). Ive tried a number of sims and it has started to happen in them all, making online racing a lottery :mad:

I have installed the latest firmware & drivers as requested by Fanatec even reverted to the older driver but to no avail :(

Any ideas?
It may be shutting down due to temperatures of the motors, components or the PCB. There should be quite a bit of reference reading here and on GTPlanet to help narrow it down but, I'm not real familiar with that particular model and specific issues.

Upvote 0
It may be shutting down due to temperatures of the motors, components or the PCB. There should be quite a bit of reference reading here and on GTPlanet to help narrow it down but, I'm not real familiar with that particular model and specific issues.

I did have a overheating problem couple of weeks ago, where the wheel completely shut down, the base was very warm to touch. The wheel started working again after a long cool down, contacted Fanatec.
Fanatec advised to update firmware & driver which I have now done, now this disconnect issue has arisen. I've contacted Fanatec again(still under warranty).
It disconnected earlier in iRacing after about 4 laps then reconnected after about 30secs
Very frustrating now! :(

Upvote 0
I did have a overheating problem couple of weeks ago, where the wheel completely shut down, the base was very warm to touch. The wheel started working again after a long cool down, contacted Fanatec.
Fanatec advised to update firmware & driver which I have now done, now this disconnect issue has arisen. I've contacted Fanatec again(still under warranty).
It disconnected earlier in iRacing after about 4 laps then reconnected after about 30secs
Very frustrating now! :(
You may want to ask eKretz, he's a wizard of sorts when it comes to Fanatec issues & solutions.

Upvote 0
I realised I posted something completely wrong above about Fanatec not using the reversed settings, sorry for that, too many wheels rattling around in my office :S

Just to clarify the Fanatec ( and I checked to be sure I type correctly lol ) does use the reversed effects like the Logitech......

Sorry for that, please forgive me :)

Upvote 0
I have an odd issue. I have CSW and CSP V2's and I was getting vibration through the throttle when pressing it down..until I set ABS from 'OFF' to 001 or above. I understood I didn't need ABS on for AC so I had it off.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 379 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years