Fanatec | Official Support Thread

W

Wido Rossen

• Wido Rossen

Looks pretty neat this wheel.....and it`s wireless.

Last edited by a moderator:
2. There's a rFactor CD included... Haven't installed it yet, so I don't know if this is the full version or some kind of demo.:question:

2) rF - its a full version as far as I am aware (I already bought rFactor a couple of months back so not tested it :()

yes it is the full version/demo but you still need to buy a license :laugh2:

and even though i warned Lee about using the clutch as a brake @T1 he still fluffed up, probebly just like 99% of 1st time G25 uses :quiet:

Upvote 0
i got mine as a gift from here clicky and at £24.99 you can get it cheaper.
1 advantage of a licence is you dont have to worry about finding your disc :clap:

Off Ebay its about a fiver at the moment (British pounds), and once you have got an official license you might be able to find an .exe that allows you to play online and without the cd :wink2:
Other thing with online version, you are restricted to re-installing on 3 x machines, after that you need to buy a new license (that does not mean you can play it simultaneously on 3 x machines).

BTW ... I blame my nooobie mistake in trucks on trying to do too much all at once ... I was H-shifting with clutch (was loving that :laugh2:) plus it was my first time out in the darn things, and I had rushed to start line and we started more or less straight away :moneymouth:

@Simon ... I couldn't drive that damn E90 before with or without paddles, maybe now with G25 and a lot of DBR9 driving under my belt I might fare better ... maybe one day I will try 'em out, but for now, you can keep them there German monstrosoties :p

Upvote 0
Other thing with online version, you are restricted to re-installing on 3 x machines, after that you need to buy a new license (that does not mean you can play it simultaneously on 3 x machines).

i`ve reisatalled windows many times, you just back up the trymedia folder then theres no need to renew, and even then aren`t the renewalls free?

Upvote 0
i`ve reisatalled windows many times, you just back up the trymedia folder then theres no need to renew, and even then aren`t the renewalls free?

Buuutttttt ... if you upgrade your motherboard/pc maybe even hdd, or have a several machines, then it won't work as it generates a unique key based on hardware components, so this will only work with the same machine (and the small print I read said that you can only do it 3 times as far as I remember) :wink2:

Upvote 0
Buuutttttt ... if you upgrade your motherboard/pc maybe even hdd, or have a several machines, then it won't work as it generates a unique key based on hardware components, so this will only work with the same machine :wink2:

i`m a teccy noob as you know :), i really dont know how these things work, but i`ve upgraded everything in my pc except the PSW since owning rF and is all i get is a message asking about the reinstall and i just tick the box saying new windows install :clap:

edit:just checked my emails and i get a free renewal after each on my reinstalls. see i also have a bad memory as well :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for all replies! And Nigel, don't worry about 'your' memory, prices are dropping :D

I opened a new thread in the rFactor-section concerning the rFactor disk I received and the license. (just FYI)

Upvote 0
  • Niklas Maravic

Fantec is realising new version of Porsche wheel-911GT3RS,this one look immpresive and it doesnt cost so much..290euro with new set of high-end pedals -clubsport!
Its gona be avellible march 2009.Maybe it will be my new wheel:)
Now its connected by wires not like first one wireless,wich is good i think.

http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=230&lang=

I have ordered one GT3RS-wheel! Now just the wait... :)

Upvote 0
  • Jacek Kozlowski

I have ordered one GT3RS-wheel! Now just the wait... :)
On begining of new year i think i will order just the pedals -clubsport,and then wait for GT3RS wheel reviev to decide.Ive read on RSC that on "Inside simracig" show they will try this wheel soon...

Upvote 0
  • Jacek Kozlowski

Can you order these pedals without the wheel?
And if so, how much are they then?

Yeah You can buy those without the wheel for sure.And it seems that clubsport pedals are better than g25 pedals but much cheeper than other brands high-end pedals(vpp,ecci..)-thats why i want them:) they cost about 200euros.
Some info:

[CSP-USB]199.95EUR
incl. VAT plus shipment
pixel_trans.gif

For more Pictures
klick here!!
A Masterpiece of engineering made of Aluminium and with the use of contactless sensors and a load cell sensor for the brake. With ForceFeedback actuator on the brake and fully adjustable.
Works like a separate USB input device and you can connect it directly to several Porsche Wheels.

Shipping date: 15th February 2009

Content:
  • Clubsport pedals made of aluminium
  • USB cable (2m) with Type A and Type B connector (for standalone use)
  • connection cable to Porsche wheels with PS/2 plugs (2,5m)
  • drilling template
Compatibility:
PC:
Compatible with any racing wheel from Fanatec or any other brand (Logitech, Thrustmaster, etc) if used on PC.
It will work with any racing wheel if the game supports a second controller.

These PC games are compatible:
  • GTR Evolution
  • Race 07
  • rFactor
  • Live for Speed

Upvote 0
  • Hayden Walker

Yesterday when I arrived home I noticed a grey box in the hallway... It arrived finally! :clap:
Few remarks:
1. Ordered with Amazon.co.uk which means british power supply (110V instead of 220V) :disapointed: Luckily it has the same adaptor as my Momo (with 220V connector) So I inmediately could give it a try :highfive:
2. There's a rFactor CD included... Haven't installed it yet, so I don't know if this is the full version or some kind of demo.:question:
3. The first runs I did I crashed in every corner due to
A) No braking because I was hitting the clutch instead
B) Braking not hard enough because I'm used to the very sensitive Momo pedals
Inmediately noticed one has much more feeling with the car (and thus control) in braking zones.

i ordered from amazon aswell
the rfactor is only a demo unfortunetly:disapointed:
im looking forward to opening mine on xmas

another thing off topic

how do i set this up so i get a email when someone posts on the thread

thnks guys:laugh2:

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years