• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Fanatec handbrake doesn't work at start

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by Tomas Reinicke, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Tomas Reinicke

Tomas Reinicke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +43
    I have added a Fanatec handbrake to my rig and it works fine on stage but it doesn't work at the start of the stage.
    I get the instruction to use the handbrake but nothing happens when i pull the brake, so I can'ät start the stage, if i remap the handbrake to a button I can start the stage and if I then remap it back to the Fanatec Handbrake the handbrake works in game.

Anyone that have had something similar?

2. Evilsmurf

Evilsmurf

Ratings:
    +37
    I had a problem that the handbrake needed recalibrated nearly every time I loaded dirt rally. Would normally only register half the travel of the handbrake.
    I would have to open the Fanatec app and re calibrate the handbrake.

3. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,555
    I don't have a handbrake so I'm only guessing. Perhaps the game is looking for a digital button press before it'll start the rally, rather than an axis? This would also explain why those that use their h-box as a stand-in handbrake don't have issues.

4. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium

Ratings:
    +90
    It should work with just the handbrake. Has worked for me even though i've once experienced something a bit similar. It might just be what @Evilsmurf pointed out; the handbrake calibration. I noticed the handbrake "calibration bar" didn't go up all the way when this happened. I didn't recalibrate it though. Guess i just rebooted the CSW wheelbase and restarted the game. After that it was OK and i forgot all about it until i saw this post. Note to self: Check handbrake calibration :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Evilsmurf

Evilsmurf

Ratings:
    +37
    The calibration bar didn't go all the way up for me either, I would either unplug it and plug it back in, or re calibrate it. Usually worked for me when this happened.

Ironically, since I moved my pc to another room for the family to enjoy, and set up my sim rig with my PS4 and Fanatec handbrake I have had no issue with dirt rally and the handbrake lol

6. *CF*

*CF*

Ratings:
    +6
    I have also added a Fanatec handbrake (with usb adaptor) to my rig this Monday.....I had to install the 64 bit driver 4 times to work properly ....after this, it works as x-axis in the game

7. Tomas Reinicke

Tomas Reinicke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +43
    Yes it works as an axis but I can't start the stage, can you use the handbrake (X-axis) at the start of a stage?

8. *CF*

*CF*

Ratings:
    +6
    yes it works at start as handbrake (X-axis) ...
    check adain the game controllers and try to reinstall the fanatec driver ..... hope to work and for you

9. Tomas Reinicke

Tomas Reinicke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +43
    It was a calibration issue, after some fiddling with getting it rigth, I used DIView to get 100% signal at full pull of the lever.
    Problem solved :)

• Like Like x 3