fanatec Forza Wheel Locked to the left

Hey all,

The Forza locked up last night during pre-race for Brasil. I was headed into T1 and heard something then the wheel died and I went off. I tried to reset the wheel and it wouldn't self-calibrate like when you turn it on. It sounds different when it's spinning right & left, but now it always locks up spun all the way left. I tried a new Firmware Flash, reloaded the driver, tried to reset PC Mode, and even Windows doesn't see it in order to try anything there!? Did this wheel just dump on me? Is there a way to ask Fanatec? What is their support email?

This is what it does now exactly!

Anyone else have this issue?

Bummed, Mike

Last edited:
Fanatec Support response to this issue FYI.They offered no remedy. Not very good sales & customer retention training at Fanatec I guess.

Hi Mike,
thank you for your inquiry,
Unfortunately your wheel shows a defective auto centering sensor,this issue is non-repairable,I am sorry to not having better news for you

Best regards / Freundliche Grüße
Suat Tombul
(Fanatec Support Team)

Upvote 0
I'm in the process of ordering a new codewheel for my Forza CSR. I've replaced the codewheel once, and had it off to the tech twice in the first 2 years. I will not buy another Fanatec piece of equipment.

That being said, when it works, it works very well, which is why I'm still repairing this one. That, and I'm not sure what to get these days. TM TX or TM T300 or G29? Or keep my old G27? Yikes. Fanatec priced me out of their new line anyway...

Good luck with the wheel. I hope a new codewheel could work for you, but it might not be worth the expense for the slim chance of getting it to work. Maybe if I can talk my wife into getting me a new Thrustmaster, I'll sell you my Forza.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing