PC2 Fanatec CSW V2 Settings Help Please

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Hey folks,

Bit the bullet and purchased PCARS 2, however even with the aid of the latest and greatest from the wonderful Mr. Jack Spade, I'm still finding getting a sweet spot for my Fanatec CSW V2 pretty difficult.

I have basically no feeling on the rear of the car, and weight transfer feels pretty lifeless too.

Can anyone be so kind as to share with us their CSW V2 settings, both on wheel and in game please?

Need to get this dialled in properly to give it a fair review.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Paul

Are you using a v2.5 driver on a CSW v2 base?

I am. I checked the discontinued support page for the v2 and it lists the v292 driver as well.

Yeah same here. Will admit this made a very big difference (for the better) with my experience with the sim. For some reason I never think to check drivers on the Fanatec site, so I was actually quite a bit behind the latest, which is exciting to see how the other sims react now.. :)

Thank you everyone who has contributed to this discussion so far, some really useful stuff and I'm getting closer to "happy" now with the wheel. Still some way to go yet, but feel like it is possible to get what I need from it soon.

At work at the moment, will post where I'm at with it all in more detail later on tonight.

BTW, what car / track are you guys using as the reference for the tests? I'm flitting between Knockhill in the 911 GT3 road car and Oulton Park in the Ginetta Jr.

Thanks again!

Yeah same here. Will admit this made a very big difference (for the better) with my experience with the sim. For some reason I never think to check drivers on the Fanatec site, so I was actually quite a bit behind the latest, which is exciting to see how the other sims react now.. :)

Thank you everyone who has contributed to this discussion so far, some really useful stuff and I'm getting closer to "happy" now with the wheel. Still some way to go yet, but feel like it is possible to get what I need from it soon.

At work at the moment, will post where I'm at with it all in more detail later on tonight.

BTW, what car / track are you guys using as the reference for the tests? I'm flitting between Knockhill in the 911 GT3 road car and Oulton Park in the Ginetta Jr.

Thanks again!

Just to clarify, which driver did you use? The 292 version? I believe there's also a 3xx driver up now, I was going to update tonight as I'm still on v27x.

@Brandon Wright the driver is v292. When you open the driver advanced panel and do a firmware update check, the latest firmware version, for the V2 at least, is v316. Mine was way old. So the utility downloaded the firmware, updated it and then I had to do a manual calibration (CAL on wheel hud). Hope that makes sense.

Yep, that's it. Whoever made the comment I was referencing must have mixed up the firmware and driver version numbers. :thumbsup:

So, after re-reading the Jack Spade forum post, I realize that I didn't set the flavour to Custom. This is key so that the game will pick up the ini.

Additionally, thinking back to Assetto Corsa's FFB Clip app, I could really never run the CSW v2 beyond 80 without extreme clipping. Thinking in the audio analogy that PC2 wants to use, running gain at 100 would be like full overdrive, heavy metal, marshall stacks turned to 11. I went back and watched clipping by adjusting the gain down and then pulling the volume up. This really seemed to make a difference and I recommend experimenting. I'm using the same driver and wheel settings but now am using:

IN GAME:
Jack Spades file: alt lo comp (remember you have to restart the game if you change this file)
Flavour: Custom
Gain: 60
Volume: 69~73 (lower is lighter feel)
Tone: 55
FX: 55~60

I can feel kerbing, grass, road variations while not having too much staccato chatter from too much FFB gain. Thoughts?

I tried this version of yours ... and it looks better :)
to know that the career with ginetta g40 gt5 is a problem like tires (I do not get to the temperature), I was tired and I could not pass on (with AI 70) ...
I quit and started with Clio Cup (something else ... already seen ...)
anyway ... thanks a lot ... I hope to see you in a clubrace PC2 in RD :)

Hello there,

for the guys using Fanatec Driver v292 on the CSW v2, did you noticed that the tuning menu is missing the DEA and LIN option after the firmware update?

I updated my base yesterday and while I put my profiles back into the wheel, I noticed that these options are gone now. Is this intended?

Not that I really use these, but I am just wondering why they are gone now.

Edit: Scratch that, looks like they have been removed because there is no real usage for them these days: https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discu...-v1-csw-v2-csw-v2-5-csl-e-wb-csl-e-ps4#latest

Hey guys, sorry for the delay posting my current settings, and thank you for all the replies :)

Not had much (or any) chance to get on the rig lately (which is the problem of doing what I do at RD, leaves little room for actual playing compared to the "good old days") !!

Will hopefully get on tonight, or tomorrow, and have a look see what's what.

Will post here my current position when I've got up to the rig.

Cheers

Good luck! I've all but about given up on finding something that will make the wheel tolerable. I switched my car from the BMW 2002 on the N'Ring to kart at Dubai Kart track and spent hours trying to make something usable. I'm very frustrated. What I wouldn't give for a pro wheel tune.

Well although nowhere near perfect, and far from the golden promises we had pre launch, I do have a fairly decent setup going on now, using Jack Spade files and some tips from this thread plus some tweaks. I will hopefully post them up tonight.

Not brilliant, but not bad now. Deffo need more work to hit that sweet spot, but its actually driveable now unlike PC1. Only thing it still tends to switch ends for no reason and with no warning, which I'm trying to dial out with the ffb. Don't know if that is a wheel setting issue or a game one, until I've got it sorted on the wheel I'm unwilling to apportion blame! :)

As many others I spend frustrating days of finding a half decent FFB setup for PC2 + CSWv2.

When a large number of PC1 users complained about the unwieldy FFB settings and problem laden FFB feel SMS thought a solution to this is to just multiply the FFB setting options to further confuse everyone instead of just fixing the FFB in Project Cars.

It’s a bit like the car manufacturer who listens to the customer complaints about a squeaking window seal, fixing it by selling the replacement car in parts only for the customer to assemble the car themselves.

Here is some basics I have found over the past week:
- personally think Assetto Corsa is pure perfection in terms with FFB feel (with rF2 and AMS being almost as good in comparable cars)
- I wanted to replicate that FFB
- found I could not use identical CSWv2 wheel settings to get there

PC2 CSWv2 wheel settings:
SEN: auto
FFB: 100
DRI: 3 (experimenting with 2 currently for a slight additional dampening but not extensively tested- U use 3 with Assetto Corsa)
FOR: 80 with formula rim, 100 with BMW rim
SPR: off (I use 10 with AC, as the actual spring effect is not intrusive at that low a setting in AC and it just adds the perfect weight + I have ZERO wheel oscillation in AC - drive a Porsche GT3 Cup at top speed down Paul Ricards Mistral straight hands off the wheel and the car smoothly just follows the road, no unrealistic oscillation, feels perfect,
In PC2 I have found no solution so far to the unrealistic and dangerous wheel oscillation (take your hands off the wheel and the car will loose control with the steering wildly oscillating - need further testing of DRI, SPR and DPR settings)
DPR: 30 (experimenting with 40 or 50 - I use 50 in AC and it feels perfect with consistent and very realistic weight and realistic behavior in fast steering input corrections)

Project Cars 2 in game settings:
Flavor: informative (formerly experimented with RAW but there is simply too many inconsistencies when the front wheels are loaded/ unloaded during weight transfer and kn different road surfaces, very often leading to a “limb” feel during critical steering)

Gain: 100
Volume: VERY car dependent
I gave up entirely on Cars I race in Assetto Corsa as U do not want to learn any bad habits or develop a wrong feel for these Cars (PC2 is currently very buggy and inconsistent from car to car).
I enjoy currently a small selection of road cars, track cars and historic cars.
I only drive tarmac/ circuit.
Cars I found enjoyable so far are:
McLaren 720s (used this a s a benchmark as I figured that when McLarens chief Test driver was involved calibrating PC2 and their current McLaren production cars THIS car should be as good as PC2 possibly can get)
Porsche 911 GT3 RS (mostly to do with my preference for Porsche and I absolutely WANT this one to work well)
Pagani Huayra BC (very interesting and challenging car - soooo much power)

Texture (I forgot the used name in the menus as I am typing this away from the computer): 65
Effects: 75 - 100

The major issue I currently see is wheel oscillation and inconsistency between cars but also when driving on different surfaces with the same car (feels close to realistic in the dry and completely off in the wet ie)
With some Kerbs it also produces a short clipping jolt when hitting them just the right way but with the majority it produces a decent amount of feedback. If you lower effects or volume to prevent that occasional clipping ALL Kerbs will feel completely limb, flat without detail.

I am looking now mostly to find a solution for the wheel oscillation.

I stay completely away from any GT racing cars of any kind as to not ruin my feeling.

MAJOR TIP:
PC2 does some very funky things with driving aids.
The “authentic” setting is broken (it should allow the exact same driving assists a car actually has and not allow those the car hasn’t)
Ie: Porsche 911 GT3 RS does absolutely have ABS but it would be not available when setting assists to “authentic”; Porsche 935 77 never ever had ABS and TC but it would be available, etc

I therefore set assists to FULL, assign buttons for ABS, TC and stability control and in EVERY ingle session make sure they are set as they should!

In the beginning I was pulling my hair out as the cars felt extremely strange during cornering (all helpers set to off / real / simulation and assists to “authentic”).

Project Cars would silently enable STABILITY CONTROL on cars and they would behave absolutely atrocious in track.
When manually forcing stability control off some cars actually feel enjoyable.

As many others I spend frustrating days of finding a half decent FFB setup for PC2 + CSWv2.

When a large number of PC1 users complained about the unwieldy FFB settings and problem laden FFB feel SMS thought a solution to this is to just multiply the FFB setting options to further confuse everyone instead of just fixing the FFB in Project Cars.

It’s a bit like the car manufacturer who listens to the customer complaints about a squeaking window seal, fixing it by selling the replacement car in parts only for the customer to assemble the car themselves.

Here is some basics I have found over the past week:
- personally think Assetto Corsa is pure perfection in terms with FFB feel (with rF2 and AMS being almost as good in comparable cars)
- I wanted to replicate that FFB
- found I could not use identical CSWv2 wheel settings to get there

PC2 CSWv2 wheel settings:
SEN: auto
FFB: 100
DRI: 3 (experimenting with 2 currently for a slight additional dampening but not extensively tested- U use 3 with Assetto Corsa)
FOR: 80 with formula rim, 100 with BMW rim
SPR: off (I use 10 with AC, as the actual spring effect is not intrusive at that low a setting in AC and it just adds the perfect weight + I have ZERO wheel oscillation in AC - drive a Porsche GT3 Cup at top speed down Paul Ricards Mistral straight hands off the wheel and the car smoothly just follows the road, no unrealistic oscillation, feels perfect,
In PC2 I have found no solution so far to the unrealistic and dangerous wheel oscillation (take your hands off the wheel and the car will loose control with the steering wildly oscillating - need further testing of DRI, SPR and DPR settings)
DPR: 30 (experimenting with 40 or 50 - I use 50 in AC and it feels perfect with consistent and very realistic weight and realistic behavior in fast steering input corrections)

Project Cars 2 in game settings:
Flavor: informative (formerly experimented with RAW but there is simply too many inconsistencies when the front wheels are loaded/ unloaded during weight transfer and kn different road surfaces, very often leading to a “limb” feel during critical steering)

Gain: 100
Volume: VERY car dependent
I gave up entirely on Cars I race in Assetto Corsa as U do not want to learn any bad habits or develop a wrong feel for these Cars (PC2 is currently very buggy and inconsistent from car to car).
I enjoy currently a small selection of road cars, track cars and historic cars.
I only drive tarmac/ circuit.
Cars I found enjoyable so far are:
McLaren 720s (used this a s a benchmark as I figured that when McLarens chief Test driver was involved calibrating PC2 and their current McLaren production cars THIS car should be as good as PC2 possibly can get)
Porsche 911 GT3 RS (mostly to do with my preference for Porsche and I absolutely WANT this one to work well)
Pagani Huayra BC (very interesting and challenging car - soooo much power)

Texture (I forgot the used name in the menus as I am typing this away from the computer): 65
Effects: 75 - 100

The major issue I currently see is wheel oscillation and inconsistency between cars but also when driving on different surfaces with the same car (feels close to realistic in the dry and completely off in the wet ie)
With some Kerbs it also produces a short clipping jolt when hitting them just the right way but with the majority it produces a decent amount of feedback. If you lower effects or volume to prevent that occasional clipping ALL Kerbs will feel completely limb, flat without detail.

I am looking now mostly to find a solution for the wheel oscillation.

I stay completely away from any GT racing cars of any kind as to not ruin my feeling.

MAJOR TIP:
PC2 does some very funky things with driving aids.
The “authentic” setting is broken (it should allow the exact same driving assists a car actually has and not allow those the car hasn’t)
Ie: Porsche 911 GT3 RS does absolutely have ABS but it would be not available when setting assists to “authentic”; Porsche 935 77 never ever had ABS and TC but it would be available, etc

I therefore set assists to FULL, assign buttons for ABS, TC and stability control and in EVERY ingle session make sure they are set as they should!

In the beginning I was pulling my hair out as the cars felt extremely strange during cornering (all helpers set to off / real / simulation and assists to “authentic”).

Project Cars would silently enable STABILITY CONTROL on cars and they would behave absolutely atrocious in track.
When manually forcing stability control off some cars actually feel enjoyable.

Your oscillation and kerb jolts spike are most likely due to the high 75-100 fx setting your using. Raising that setting increases those effects. Lower that setting and it will smooth out the spikes/curbs and bumps, which will probably stop the oscillating :)
Fx is like a road noise multiplyer
If thats the setting your talking about not knowing? If not disregard :)

Last edited:
Thanks David, I will try to experiment with that slider.
I remember the last time I did, I lost a lot of feel for the road around steering center and most importantly the usual curb one wwould still ride would loose all feedback and feel very numb.

I will give it another try.

The absolute need of having to use Jack Spades settings with the old PCars was one of the three main reasons I gave up on it and banned it from my hard drive a few years ago.

I just couldn’t stand the constant fiddle to have a half usable FFB when others get this perfect (Assetto Corsa or AMS) and others get really close (rF2).

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back