PC2 Fanatec CSW V2 Settings Help Please

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Hey folks,

Bit the bullet and purchased PCARS 2, however even with the aid of the latest and greatest from the wonderful Mr. Jack Spade, I'm still finding getting a sweet spot for my Fanatec CSW V2 pretty difficult.

I have basically no feeling on the rear of the car, and weight transfer feels pretty lifeless too.

Can anyone be so kind as to share with us their CSW V2 settings, both on wheel and in game please?

Need to get this dialled in properly to give it a fair review.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Paul

Using @wizzer settings helps but still not the same feedback as I get with Assetto Corsa. Moreover, the wheel feels really stiff and I fear that the motors are going to overheat. The game seems really great; but, like the first one, I fear I won't play it because I can never get the steering setup correct.

Watching the FFB in the telemetry HUD, even going over the heaviest of bumps or curb, I don't max out the FFB bar. @Paul Jeffrey perhaps you can share your ongoing tuning? I've got the CSV v2. Anyone's input at this point would be helpful.

Fanatec Wheel Property - wheel angle / sensitivity - 900 and Dampening strength - 100
In wheel presets - | SEN auto | FF 100 | SHO off | ABS off | DRI 002 | FOR 100 | SPR 100 | DPR off |
in game use custom FFB by Jack Spade standard low with
gain 100, volume 50, tone 50, FX 50, deadzone 0, sensitivity 50 and damping 0
I play for now career with ginetta G40 and for me is good setup for Fanatec CSW v2 wheel.
I'm waiting for suggestions for a setup on the Ginetta G40 :)

Mine feels ok with Raw and each of the sliders turned up 5 or 10. I haven't tinkered much yet though. I can get the FFB meter to show up on screen though. I go to the HUD that has the tires and I can see the little steering wheel in the corner and the vertical bars that move with the steering but I guess there's supposed to be a clipping meter to the right of that and I don't see it on any car. Anyone have any idea why or how I can get it to show?

@Brandon Wright I sat through this painful video,
basically at minute 22, it shows you that the FFB is in the telemetry HUD. You were close when looking in the lower left.

Right. That box with the yellow squiggly line that goes up and down? That doesn't show on my screen. Everything else does though.

IMG_9409.jpg

Here's what I've got so far. My main issue now is still not enough pronouncement of kerbs, bumps, etc. I think I've figured out that the FFB graph works a bit like a volume (the white bar) and an EQ (the colored bars). Based on the video, I think it is idea that the "volume" be turned up to the point of clipping which can be detected by watching the last EQ bar on the right. If the last column bumps at all, turn down the volume.

I went with Jack's hi compression standard. It seemed to make the EQ dance as much as any other FFB ini. I also tried immersive vs raw since, I've read that is to best emulate real conditions.

My biggest issue was my driver was out of date. Updating the CSW v2 to 316 made a big difference. Here's my current config:

DRIVER
Wheel Range: 900
Dampening: 100

WHEEL
SEN: OFF/AUT
FF: 100
SHO: 100
ABS: 90 (though the car I used didn't have ABS)
DRI: Off (again, I think this is to personal feel)
FOR: 100
SPR: OFF (adding it caused a weird return feel)
DPR: OFF

IN GAME:
Flavour: Immersive
Gain: 100
Volume: 72
Tone: 50
FX: 100
Menu Spring Strength: 0.60 (set too low and my wheel rotated while in the menu)

Guys, I know the perfect config is out there, please keep posting!

IN GAME:
Flavour: custom
So, after re-reading the Jack Spade forum post, I realize that I didn't set the flavour to Custom. This is key so that the game will pick up the ini.

Additionally, thinking back to Assetto Corsa's FFB Clip app, I could really never run the CSW v2 beyond 80 without extreme clipping. Thinking in the audio analogy that PC2 wants to use, running gain at 100 would be like full overdrive, heavy metal, marshall stacks turned to 11. I went back and watched clipping by adjusting the gain down and then pulling the volume up. This really seemed to make a difference and I recommend experimenting. I'm using the same driver and wheel settings but now am using:

IN GAME:
Jack Spades file: alt lo comp (remember you have to restart the game if you change this file)
Flavour: Custom
Gain: 60
Volume: 69~73 (lower is lighter feel)
Tone: 55
FX: 55~60

I can feel kerbing, grass, road variations while not having too much staccato chatter from too much FFB gain. Thoughts?

Here's what I've got so far. My main issue now is still not enough pronouncement of kerbs, bumps, etc. I think I've figured out that the FFB graph works a bit like a volume (the white bar) and an EQ (the colored bars). Based on the video, I think it is idea that the "volume" be turned up to the point of clipping which can be detected by watching the last EQ bar on the right. If the last column bumps at all, turn down the volume.

I went with Jack's hi compression standard. It seemed to make the EQ dance as much as any other FFB ini. I also tried immersive vs raw since, I've read that is to best emulate real conditions.

My biggest issue was my driver was out of date. Updating the CSW v2 to 316 made a big difference. Here's my current config:

DRIVER
Wheel Range: 900
Dampening: 100

WHEEL
SEN: OFF/AUT
FF: 100
SHO: 100
ABS: 90 (though the car I used didn't have ABS)
DRI: Off (again, I think this is to personal feel)
FOR: 100
SPR: OFF (adding it caused a weird return feel)
DPR: OFF

IN GAME:
Flavour: Immersive
Gain: 100
Volume: 72
Tone: 50
FX: 100
Menu Spring Strength: 0.60 (set too low and my wheel rotated while in the menu)

Guys, I know the perfect config is out there, please keep posting!
Mine is on driver 289 and firmware 299, the newest on fanatec v2 page. Is 316 a v2.5 firmware?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back