• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Fanatec CSW V2 Settings Help Please

Discussion in 'Project CARS 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,982
    Hey folks,

Bit the bullet and purchased PCARS 2, however even with the aid of the latest and greatest from the wonderful Mr. Jack Spade, I'm still finding getting a sweet spot for my Fanatec CSW V2 pretty difficult.

I have basically no feeling on the rear of the car, and weight transfer feels pretty lifeless too.

Can anyone be so kind as to share with us their CSW V2 settings, both on wheel and in game please?

Need to get this dialled in properly to give it a fair review.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  2. 50ftElvis

50ftElvis
    50footELVIS Premium

Ratings:
    +5
    2nd the motion...

Cheers,

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. wizzer

wizzer
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3
    ok in fanatec properties wheel range 900 damper 0 on wheel
    sen auto
    ff 100
    sho 100
    abs 65
    dri 5
    for 100
    spr off
    dpr off
    brf 10
    in game I use raw gain 100 volume 50 tone 50 fx 100 menu spring strength 0.40

• Like Like x 2
  4. thespeedracerx

thespeedracerx
    I'm all jacked up on mountain dew! Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Using @wizzer settings helps but still not the same feedback as I get with Assetto Corsa. Moreover, the wheel feels really stiff and I fear that the motors are going to overheat. The game seems really great; but, like the first one, I fear I won't play it because I can never get the steering setup correct.

Watching the FFB in the telemetry HUD, even going over the heaviest of bumps or curb, I don't max out the FFB bar. @Paul Jeffrey perhaps you can share your ongoing tuning? I've got the CSV v2. Anyone's input at this point would be helpful.

5. Dexter

Dexter
    Dexter73 Premium

Ratings:
    +111
    Fanatec Wheel Property - wheel angle / sensitivity - 900 and Dampening strength - 100
    In wheel presets - | SEN auto | FF 100 | SHO off | ABS off | DRI 002 | FOR 100 | SPR 100 | DPR off |
    in game use custom FFB by Jack Spade standard low with
    gain 100, volume 50, tone 50, FX 50, deadzone 0, sensitivity 50 and damping 0
    I play for now career with ginetta G40 and for me is good setup for Fanatec CSW v2 wheel.
    I'm waiting for suggestions for a setup on the Ginetta G40 :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,621
    Mine feels ok with Raw and each of the sliders turned up 5 or 10. I haven't tinkered much yet though. I can get the FFB meter to show up on screen though. I go to the HUD that has the tires and I can see the little steering wheel in the corner and the vertical bars that move with the steering but I guess there's supposed to be a clipping meter to the right of that and I don't see it on any car. Anyone have any idea why or how I can get it to show?

7. thespeedracerx

thespeedracerx

Ratings:
    +55
    @Brandon Wright I sat through this painful video,
    basically at minute 22, it shows you that the FFB is in the telemetry HUD. You were close when looking in the lower left.

8. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +1,621
    Right. That box with the yellow squiggly line that goes up and down? That doesn't show on my screen. Everything else does though.

IMG_9409.jpg

9. thespeedracerx

thespeedracerx

Ratings:
    +55
    WTW? Maybe it is your screen resolution. I'm running 1920x1080 and there's room.

@Dexter thanks for your post. Your settings definitely help me out greatly. I feel I'm in the fine tuning mode now. Thanks.

10. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +1,621
    I'm tuning on triple 27", there's plenty of room for it but it's not showing up for some reason.

• Sad Sad x 1
  11. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,982
    Hey guys, thank you for the responses :)

@wizzer thank you, those settings make quite the difference with the Jack Spade file :)

@Dexter thank you also, I've not yet tried your settings, but will do so tomorrow evening.

Frustration with the game has got the better of me atm so I've turned it off for the night :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  12. thespeedracerx

thespeedracerx

Ratings:
    +55
    Sounds like a bug.

13. thespeedracerx

thespeedracerx

Ratings:
    +55
    Here's what I've got so far. My main issue now is still not enough pronouncement of kerbs, bumps, etc. I think I've figured out that the FFB graph works a bit like a volume (the white bar) and an EQ (the colored bars). Based on the video, I think it is idea that the "volume" be turned up to the point of clipping which can be detected by watching the last EQ bar on the right. If the last column bumps at all, turn down the volume.

I went with Jack's hi compression standard. It seemed to make the EQ dance as much as any other FFB ini. I also tried immersive vs raw since, I've read that is to best emulate real conditions.

My biggest issue was my driver was out of date. Updating the CSW v2 to 316 made a big difference. Here's my current config:

DRIVER
    Wheel Range: 900
    Dampening: 100

WHEEL
    SEN: OFF/AUT
    FF: 100
    SHO: 100
    ABS: 90 (though the car I used didn't have ABS)
    DRI: Off (again, I think this is to personal feel)
    FOR: 100
    SPR: OFF (adding it caused a weird return feel)
    DPR: OFF

IN GAME:
    Flavour: Immersive
    Gain: 100
    Volume: 72
    Tone: 50
    FX: 100
    Menu Spring Strength: 0.60 (set too low and my wheel rotated while in the menu)

Guys, I know the perfect config is out there, please keep posting!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Casey Kretschmar

Casey Kretschmar

Ratings:
    +2
    I use Jack Spades standard lo file
    IN GAME:
    Flavour: custom
    Gain: 100
    Volume: 60
    Tone: 60
    FX: 60

WHEEL:
    SEN: AUT
    FF: 100
    SHO: 100
    ABS: 95
    DRI: Off
    FOR: 100
    SPR: OFF
    DPR: OFF
    BRF: 50
    i adjust tone and volume depending on car but overall i think its great

• Like Like x 2
  15. thespeedracerx

thespeedracerx

Ratings:
    +55
    So, after re-reading the Jack Spade forum post, I realize that I didn't set the flavour to Custom. This is key so that the game will pick up the ini.

Additionally, thinking back to Assetto Corsa's FFB Clip app, I could really never run the CSW v2 beyond 80 without extreme clipping. Thinking in the audio analogy that PC2 wants to use, running gain at 100 would be like full overdrive, heavy metal, marshall stacks turned to 11. I went back and watched clipping by adjusting the gain down and then pulling the volume up. This really seemed to make a difference and I recommend experimenting. I'm using the same driver and wheel settings but now am using:

IN GAME:
    Jack Spades file: alt lo comp (remember you have to restart the game if you change this file)
    Flavour: Custom
    Gain: 60
    Volume: 69~73 (lower is lighter feel)
    Tone: 55
    FX: 55~60

I can feel kerbing, grass, road variations while not having too much staccato chatter from too much FFB gain. Thoughts?

• Like Like x 4
  16. KAMPFBIBER81

KAMPFBIBER81
    Premium

Ratings:
    +51
    Use the following wheel settings, the devs used these ones as a standard to developp FFB.
    FF = 100
    SHO = OFF
    Fanatec CSWv1: DRI = -2
    Fanatec CSWv2 & CSL-E: DRI = OFF
    Fanatec CSWv2.5 = OFF

See more infos here.

• Like Like x 1
  17. W_Akira

W_Akira

Ratings:
    +17
    Mine is on driver 289 and firmware 299, the newest on fanatec v2 page. Is 316 a v2.5 firmware?

18. thespeedracerx

thespeedracerx

Ratings:
    +55
    I can confirm that I was running 289 prior to starting this. Looking at the EU site, it does look like 2.5 should consider updating drivers to v292. Also I need to clarify, I installed driver v292 and subsequently updated firmware to v316.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  19. W_Akira

W_Akira

Ratings:
    +17
    Are you using a v2.5 driver on a CSW v2 base?

• Like Like x 1
  20. thespeedracerx

thespeedracerx

Ratings:
    +55
    I am. I checked the discontinued support page for the v2 and it lists the v292 driver as well.

• Like Like x 1