Fanatec CSW V2 : other players with this one here ?

Hi

I received my new Fanatec CSW V2 yesterday (in replacement of a Fanatec CSR-Elite).
I would like to know if other players here have this wheel.

The wheel seems to work perfect, but It's look like the game doesn't recognize it well.

The more disturbing is about "wheel settings" in car setup.
Usually you have something like wheel angle 540, steering lock 24.
But now I have "N/A" in wheel angle and 13 for steering lock. I can change steering lock settings, but wheel angle is blocked on "N/A"
It's strange, so I'm not sur to have the proper wheel angle settings for each car.

On Fanatec Drivers settings I have set 900° and for the on-wheel settings SEN = OFF (as I had for the CSR-E)

I don't really understand all of the FFB parameters, but the DTM 14 defaults felt pretty good, especially when I lowered steering lock from 23 to 20.

If R3E doesn't apply CSW V2-specific defaults, then a prior V1 user with ADAC 2013 should review those settings, and apply them to the 2014 cars. I would think they'd provide a good base.

Even better, if the CSW V1 ADAC 2013 defaults were posted here, then CSW V2/ADAC 14 owners (such as myself) can try these settings.

This is only necessary if:

1 - R3E applies wheel & content specific defaults (I'm pretty sure this is true).

2 - R3E doesn't recognize the CSW V2 and either doesn't apply any settings, or applies such non-specific settings as to be useless (from reading earlier posts, this seems to be the case).

That said, I hope Sector3 provides a fix ASAP!

Henk

ok heres where it gets complicated ..... ;)

go here Steam\SteamApps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\General

in there at the bottom ish
is a file called steering wheel ; copy it make a backup as such ;put it somewhere safe
done ? great now replace it with this one ive linked here (its the only file,right click and save linked content as)

does that now see your wheel
you might need to redo a controller file at this point

Andi

Hi,
I also have a CSW V2 and the wheel is not recognized in the game. I downloaded your file above and did not fix my problem. Is that file in the link still the proper file? I installed as the instructions above, but the game refused to recognize my wheel.

I think they should fix this soon. With CSW v1 everything worked ok, but after I changed to v2, sim doesn't recognize it and with "general steering wheel"-setting which I have to use driving feel is horrible and it doesn't put steering lock right etc.

It's funny that in their competition they give v2 as a prize and sim doesn't even support it.

I think they should fix this soon. With CSW v1 everything worked ok, but after I changed to v2, sim doesn't recognize it and with "general steering wheel"-setting which I have to use driving feel is horrible and it doesn't put steering lock right etc.

It's funny that in their competition they give v2 as a prize and sim doesn't even support it.

cool! I guess with the holidays everyone is enjoying the time off. I hope to see a fix for this issue after the new year! :)

haha Good catch on the competition contest giving away V2 wheelbases as prizes! :p

Hi all, received my base v2 on wednesday.
Is the quoted post with settings still recent or is adjustment necessary.
A overview of wheel settings and ingame settings would be nice.:thumbsup:

Hello everyone,

My V2 came Wednesday, just plugged it all in tonight and given it a test on RRE. Can anyone offer me any advice please? I ran a V1 previously, so i downloaded the new drivers, installed them and calibrated the wheel / shifter.

I've followed the advice above about setting SEN to 540 and (in-game) steering lock to 25 (using ADAC 14 as a test) and used Frank's settings (SEn:540 | FF:100 | Sho:OFF | AbS:OFF | Lin:OFF | dEA:OFF | dri:OFF | For: 100 | SPr:OFF | dPr:OFF).

Until the SEN issue is fixed, is this all i need to do please, or can anyone offer some help with my settings to get the best feel? My in game settings are shown below -

ADVANCED SETTINGS
Speed Sensitive Steering - 0
Min Steering Speed - 63
Max Steering Speed - 186
Analog Sector 1, 2, 3 - 0
Return Multiplier - 4
Steering, Throttle, Brake & Clutch Sensitivity - 50%
Steering, Throttle, Brake & Clutch Deadzone - 0%

FORCE FEEDBACK
Force Feedback Intensity - 100%
Smoothing - 25%
Steering Force Intensity - 100%
Understeer - 100%
Vertical Load - 100%
Lateral Force - 80%
Steering Rack - 0%

FORCE FEEDBACK EFFECT SETTINGS
Engine Vibrations - 20%
Brake Vibrations - 20%
Kerb Vibrations - 30%
Shift Effect - 80%

If anyone can help with some suggestions to get the feel nice i would really appreciate it, RRE is the best! Soon as this gets sorted, its off to RF2, AC & GSCE etc :)

Thank you!

Hi Kurt

This is a very quick answere, therfore not much detailed.

My settings are:

Wheel Settings:

540 deg SEN
0 dumping
100% FF
130% Force
0 Center Spr
Off everything else

In Game:

Lock: 21-24 GT, 20-23 DTM
Smoothing: 0
Speed Sensitivity: 3x 0
Sensitivity: 50 for pedals
Vertical Load: more road feel = increase vertical load to about 175-250
FF Intensity: 60-85
Engine Vibrations - 20%
Brake Vibrations - 30%
Kerb Vibrations - 50%
Shift Effect - 30%

Regards
Patrick

My s_1 settings are
Sen: 540 steering lock @18 for DTM cars.
FF: 100
SHO: 100
ABS: Off
Lin: Off
Dea: Off
drl: Off
For: 100
Spr: Off
dPr: Off

Seen people with SHO @off, but i like the vibrations in the wheel:)
Should have a look @ingame settings.

After an hour of racing my wrists feel broken:cool:

So all of you who owned a v2 base have sold it???:cool:

I have mine and love it. After getting it back from repair, its been working great.

My wheel settings are:

Sen: OFF and in-game steering lock @32
FF: 100
SHO: 100
ABS: Off
Lin: Off
Dea: Off
drl: 1
For: 100
Spr: Off
dPr: 100

Seen people with SHO @off, but i like the vibrations in the wheel:)

I believe this feature only works with the BMW GT2 and Porsche 918 RSR rims since they actually have vibration motors in the rim itself.

Last edited:
Hi Kurt,

Still using the same settings as my previous post.. well happy with it. Babysittiing at the moment but once the wife's home i'll have a play with the settings folks posted above and see how it works.
Mine need some playing around with (im no expert) but i dont think its too bad.. just need to be able to feel the road more....
How you getting on with the V2? Happy with it?

Cheers

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back