1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fanatec CSW Not Recognised by the Game

Discussion in 'F1 2016 - The Game' started by Richard Charles, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Richard Charles

Richard Charles
    Premium Member

I've searched, haven't found anything. F1 2016 wont see my Fanatec wheel and pedals at all. Switch 2 F1 2015 and they work fine, switch to any other racing game and they work fine. Any help? Thanks in advance.

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Are you having issues on the PC or PS4 version?

3. TheRock64

TheRock64
    Premium Member

same problem.
    PC version
    Win10 64Bit

4. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

I've not tested this theory, but are you starting your game via keyboard?

What I mean is, when the game asks you to press any button at the splash screen, do you by any chance just hit enter on your keyboard, or do you actually use a button on your wheel?

In the previous games of the series (not sure about F1 2015), if you used the keyboard to start the game at the splash screen, the keyboard became the default controller.

It's probably not this, but I thought it worth mentioning :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Richard Charles

Richard Charles
    Premium Member

PC version. Have tried to start it using the wheel (thought the same thing), but game does not respond to any buttons pressed.

6. Richard Charles

Richard Charles
    Premium Member

Also, win10 64bit.

7. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

I'm on Win10 x64 too (G27).

Two things come to mind.

1. Plug the wheel into a different USB port (yes I know it works OK for other games :) ), but worth a try
    2. Unplug the wheel and start the game using the keyboard. Close the game and plug the wheel in again, re-start the game and try using the buttons when asked at the splash screen. In this case we are hoping the controller settings get reset and the game notices your 'new' controller
    3. If all fails, go swear at Codemasters try asking for help in the Codies Tech support forum
    :)

Edit: Once last thought, it may be worth verifying your game cache on Steam, just in case something has become corrupted.

Details here (toward the bottom) if you don't know how to verify the files

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  8. Same here. It's ridiculous.

W10 64 bits

9. Richard Charles

Richard Charles
    Premium Member

I've already tried the Steam game cache already, didn't help. Already tried to start the game with the CSW base turned off and then started it with it turned on, didn't help. Figured that should be the same as unplugging it.

10. I've found a solution. At least for me. Turn off share functions from nvidia experience and now the game works properly (maybe a problem with experience overlay and F1 2016).

I leave here my thread from codemaster's forum where, finally, I found the solution:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/45004/f12016-fanatec-csw-v2-f1-rim-csp-v3-solved#latest

Also, Codemasters notice this problem in the last section (first comment) from this thread:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/44245/having-a-wheel-issue-look-in-here/p1

"Thrustmaster wheels and any wheel in supported list come up as unrecognized:

· Always make sure you have latest drivers and firmware.

· If you use nVidia graphics, uninstall the NVIDIA Geforce Experience. (For now)

· Reboot your PC and try to launch the game. It should work right away. If not, try a second launch of the game right after."

• Like Like x 1
  11. Richard Charles

Richard Charles
    Premium Member

Finally got mine. Uninstalled the game and reinstalled then only touched the wheel buttons when it started up. Guess if you hit a button on the keyboard during fist start up it locks out any wheel setup. Pretty lame on Codemaster's part.