F1 2016 Fanatec CSW Not Recognised by the Game

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)
I've searched, haven't found anything. F1 2016 wont see my Fanatec wheel and pedals at all. Switch 2 F1 2015 and they work fine, switch to any other racing game and they work fine. Any help? Thanks in advance.

I've not tested this theory, but are you starting your game via keyboard?

What I mean is, when the game asks you to press any button at the splash screen, do you by any chance just hit enter on your keyboard, or do you actually use a button on your wheel?

In the previous games of the series (not sure about F1 2015), if you used the keyboard to start the game at the splash screen, the keyboard became the default controller.

It's probably not this, but I thought it worth mentioning :)

I'm on Win10 x64 too (G27).

Two things come to mind.

1. Plug the wheel into a different USB port (yes I know it works OK for other games :) ), but worth a try
  2. Unplug the wheel and start the game using the keyboard. Close the game and plug the wheel in again, re-start the game and try using the buttons when asked at the splash screen. In this case we are hoping the controller settings get reset and the game notices your 'new' controller
  3. If all fails, go swear at Codemasters try asking for help in the Codies Tech support forum
:)

Edit: Once last thought, it may be worth verifying your game cache on Steam, just in case something has become corrupted.

Details here (toward the bottom) if you don't know how to verify the files

Last edited:
I've already tried the Steam game cache already, didn't help. Already tried to start the game with the CSW base turned off and then started it with it turned on, didn't help. Figured that should be the same as unplugging it.
I'm on Win10 x64 too (G27).

Two things come to mind.

1. Plug the wheel into a different USB port (yes I know it works OK for other games :) ), but worth a try
  2. Unplug the wheel and start the game using the keyboard. Close the game and plug the wheel in again, re-start the game and try using the buttons when asked at the splash screen. In this case we are hoping the controller settings get reset and the game notices your 'new' controller
  3. If all fails, go swear at Codemasters try asking for help in the Codies Tech support forum
:)

Edit: Once last thought, it may be worth verifying your game cache on Steam, just in case something has become corrupted.

Details here (toward the bottom) if you don't know how to verify the files

I've found a solution. At least for me. Turn off share functions from nvidia experience and now the game works properly (maybe a problem with experience overlay and F1 2016).

I leave here my thread from codemaster's forum where, finally, I found the solution:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/45004/f12016-fanatec-csw-v2-f1-rim-csp-v3-solved#latest

Also, Codemasters notice this problem in the last section (first comment) from this thread:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/44245/having-a-wheel-issue-look-in-here/p1

"Thrustmaster wheels and any wheel in supported list come up as unrecognized:

· Always make sure you have latest drivers and firmware.

· If you use nVidia graphics, uninstall the NVIDIA Geforce Experience. (For now)

· Reboot your PC and try to launch the game. It should work right away. If not, try a second launch of the game right after."

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back