Fanatec CSW is on it's way.. What do you want tested?

Hello RaceDepartment, I have recently been selected by Fanatec as the Community Testing Manager for both ISIforums.net and here at RaceDepartment.com. (A list of other CTM's and their sites can be found here:)

My job is to nominate 10 (TEN) candidates from this forum that I believe are qualified to thoroughly test and review some of the new fanatec product(s) and I will spend the next week (7 days) collecting resume's of anyone interested in being part of the testing in THIS THREAD

After one week I will request this thread be closed and replaced by an open a POLL where the rest of the RaceDepartment community will vote on their selection from the ten chosen. They should vote for whom they believe will make the best candidate for giving an honest, straightforward and thorough review of these new Fanatec products.

If you plan to post a "sim-racing resume" make sure it explains in detail why you should be one of the ten nominees with links to any previous written or video reviews you have completed or even just a product review of any type on another site. List all of your current sim-racing and PC related hardware, your preferred sim software along with all the racing titles you have access to test the products with. If you can also test on Consoles compatible with Fanatec Hardware list which console and the game titles you own.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SPECIAL NOTE FROM FANATEC:

· Due to past problems, the reviewer who is chosen will be required to make a 50% deposit of the full value of products he/she receives

Because of this rule I ask if you cannot afford to put at LEAST ~$450 USD/Euro's on hold for several weeks you DO NOT submit a resume here in this thread.

This ~$450 (Sent through PayPay) covers the minimum requirements for testing the CSR Base along with Both addon wheel rims (BMW and F1 Platforms). The addition of Fanatec pedals or table clamps or the Rennsport wheel stand would all be extra, but also discounted to 50% MSRP.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORE OFFICIAL RULES

· Previous community reviewers of the CSR Elite wheel can not participate in this community review

· The reviewer is asked to write an honest and un-biased review

· The reviewer will receive a CSW base with the two rims, but will also be offered to test compatible pedals, table clamp and a wheel stand, if he/she wants

· The reviewer is required to inform the Community test supervisor about any problems he may have with the products during the test period

· The reviewer can not leak any information regarding the products he is reviewing before embargo is lifted

· Every reviewer will have at least 14 days to review the products, but the exact review period will be determined after all the community reviewers have received the wheels

· After the review period is over and the reviews are posted. Fanatec will ask the reviewer if they wants to return the gear or keep it

· You can keep it and the deposit you made earlier stays with Fanatec, so you receives a 50% discount for the effort put into testing

· If you decide to return some or all of the gear, Fanatec will refund the original 50% deposit + pay shipping costs for that gears immediate return

· Only users from EU, North America, Australia and Japan may participate

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me or leave them below. If you decide to leave a resume here make sure to identify your post as such and remember to include

· Favorite Games (and platforms)

· Driving style: Road GT, Road F1, Oval, Rally, Drift, Other

· Your age

· Country (Location)

· Current gear (Sim, PC and Console)

· Links to reviews you made in the past

· A short introduction and statement why you would be the best person for the job along with anything else you believe will woo your fellow community members(and me) into selecting you for the task

Good luck and happy posting.

FYI...

Thomas has already stated that the CSW base will not work with aftermarket wheels due to the electronics in the wheel itself. In short if you don't have a CSW wheel attached the base will not function.

Upvote 0
FYI...

Thomas has already stated that the CSW base will not work with aftermarket wheels due to the electronics in the wheel itself. In short if you don't have a CSW wheel attached the base will not function.

I had already assumed this but not verified it. Fanatec has always made their wheels themselves part of the control structure. Would be nice if they offered one with the adjustment buttons (strength, rotation, damper, etc) on the base itself and allowed for completely free wheel customization.

In the interest of science I will see what removing the rim after entering all my settings does. If the wheel stops functioning or if it just continues along. If so there may be a way to program it with an official rim and then just swapping it out. I assume an official rim will need to be on it during startup.

Upvote 0
i have my roso wheel working on a gt3 rs but i still have to leave the original wheel rim electronics connected for the wheel to work. someone at GT planet did a mod for csr elite and had to splice the original electronic connections to have the original rim connected and put beside the wheel base. best thing for the csw would be to buy their f1 rim, take out the quick release hub and fit to your other wheels, and then have the f1 wheel plugged in with extra wiring and use that as a button box, since it's smaller than the bmw gt rim. might be what i'm planning for my roso f1 wheel. hopfully it's feasible.

Upvote 0
Hi,
As one of the CS testers I have my review of the Fanatec Clubsport V2 series ready, if anyone is interested in reading it. (Clubsport Formula wheel, new CS base, Clubsport Pedals V2 etc.)
I am fully aware that someone in here find it like a marketing campaign, and respect for that. Then don´t read it ;) if you think its all unbiased.
I have done some extra effort in having it ready in 2 languages, for other non-danish. So I might as well post in here also. It´s online at www.romers.dk in both english and danish.

If any comments please feel free to send a message from the contact formula on the site, or post them here.
Thanks
Have a nice day.
Peter

Upvote 0
Overall, I thought this Fanatec hardware was fantastic. It added a whole new sense of realism that I haven't experienced with other wheel/pedal setups. It's as much of an improvement over the G27 as the G27 is over the DFGT. The problem is, it's four times the price of the G27, and for that reason alone, I can't recommend this to anybody but the most dedicated sim racers.

fanatecspin.gif

fanatecslide.gif

i010CPj0j2CEm.jpg

Upvote 0
Been reading some about the wheel versus the T500.​
Apparently it isn´t as huge of a step as one might think between the wheels.​
In terms of giving you information about the road etc.​
For a guy in my position who already owns a T500 this doesn´t sound good for me.​
It´s just so much money for the rim and wheel that it has to literally blow someones head off for me to start thinking of buying this wheel.​
A shame as this was a wheel i really wanted since the start.​

Upvote 0
I think the one selling point for this wheel base, is the interchangeable wheels, plus the fact that Fanatec is making the extra wheels for it themselves.

I mean, I have just bought a G27 myself, (which is great) but if I wanted an F1 wheel or just to change it to a different one, the work that I would have to do is too much.
I dont like opening up things and having to rewire this or adding that.

I am the sort of person who likes to just plug and play, I do like to see what others can mod or come up with, but its just not for me.

The only negative thing I can see with this Fanatec base unit is the price.
Maybe in a few years it will come down, so the rest of us can buy one, if not Fanatec should consider finance/higher purchase.

;)
But still, it looks like one sweet wheel. Hats off to them for making it.

Upvote 0
I like the fact the interconnect look like standard RJ45 connectors. That could make for some easy custom cabling on the rig if they are a standard straight pin out. Hopefully they aren't hard wiring the accessories and used the same connector on those..

Upvote 0
I could send it back to Fanatec but I rather offer it as a 100% tested and firmware updated unit with no waiting list to be put on. And whomever buys it is going to save some $$ compared to buying it from Fanatec even if I sell it at 75% retail.

My only worry is someone may not want both rims. So perhaps someone is willing to buy the base from fanatec directly and my F1 rim. Someone else may want my base and GT3 rim only.

Upvote 0
I could send it back to Fanatec but I rather offer it as a 100% tested and firmware updated unit with no waiting list to be put on. And whomever buys it is going to save some $$ compared to buying it from Fanatec even if I sell it at 75% retail.

My only worry is someone may not want both rims. So perhaps someone is willing to buy the base from fanatec directly and my F1 rim. Someone else may want my base and GT3 rim only.
If my Euromillions numbers come up tonight I'll let you know.

Upvote 0
All the photo's I took of the equipment. http://zeospantera.minus.com/mU2Z7zJLA/1g Didn't bother with it strapped to the desk temporarily.

I am currently writing up my review and plan on selling my unit off on one of the forums. Everything but the pedals since I want them as a spare.

I've been running one of the original Porsche Turbo wheels since they first came out, mostly in rFactor, usually with a vanilla realfeel setup. Found your improved tutorial the other day and have been playing with it now instead with mixed results... Have you gotten a chance to see what/if any changes can be made to your tweaked rf+leo to better accommodate us Fanatec guys?

Upvote 0
Actually yes and no. I am not sure if this will really help the lesser fanatec's but I tweaked for a while and found the best solution was to reset everything to what it says in my tutorial and turn the Force on the wheel up to around 150%. The belt system although fast and strong isn't as detailed as motors to gears which is why everyone with a fanatec goes blah. The natural resistance of the belts act like a 40% dampening compared to my G27.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back