Fanatec CSW 2.5 Problems

Hi folks, anyone able to help?

Today my CSW 2.5 is recognised in the Fanatec control panel but whenever I choose properties I get an error:

"There is a problem setting up the wheel control panel. Please reconnect the device and try again".

When in Assetto Corsa the buttons won't map correctly and I have to keep reconfiguring the shifters and wheel axis each time. I've tried using drivers 289 and 292 without any success. I've also tried different USB ports, but still no good.

HELP :(

Last edited:
? What wheel are you using. I had 918 RSR wheel do almost the same thing, email there support. They will want a video of the problem, Fanatec took care of me pretty fast.
Send me a pm if you want, we can talk on TS, easier for me since my typing leaves something to b desired.

Upvote 0
? What wheel are you using. I had 918 RSR wheel do almost the same thing, email there support. They will want a video of the problem, Fanatec took care of me pretty fast.
Send me a pm if you want, we can talk on TS, easier for me since my typing leaves something to b desired.
Hey raptor, thanks for your response.
It's sorted now - I had to remove the USB Root Hub in device manager and allow the PC to rebuild all ports. It was a weird one as it was working fine and with no changes to PC etc. it just stopped working - thankfully all good now.

AJ

Upvote 0
I know this post is old but it comes up as first results when you search google for this issue so I wanted to provide some more feedback. This also happens when you fully power down your PC and remove your Fanatec base USB connection and plug it into another port, then power back up. If you can remember which usb port you had your base plugged into you can put it back in that one and you should be fine.

Upvote 0
Hello AJ,

had the same issue yesterday and removed ( uninstalled ) the USB 3.0 root hub in Device manager.
BUT now noting is working ( mouse/keyboard) I cannot even get to the point where PC starts to reinstall USB Hub himself. Blocked at the start up screen, because I cannot use mouse/keyboard.; How did you do this ..?

Upvote 0
Hello AJ,

had the same issue yesterday and removed ( uninstalled ) the USB 3.0 root hub in Device manager.
BUT now noting is working ( mouse/keyboard) I cannot even get to the point where PC starts to reinstall USB Hub himself. Blocked at the start up screen, because I cannot use mouse/keyboard.; How did you do this ..?
Depending on your mobo, you might have a base usb port that always works or you might need to find a usb to ps2 adapter and take it from there.

Upvote 0
It seems that the pc was reinstalling the USB root hub automatically, even when Windows was not started. So al of the sudden, mouse and keyboard appeared and all was well. Issue with wheel was not solved though. Changed to rear motherboard USB Ports and that solved the issue..

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back