Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals

Alright guys, I pulled the trigger on a set of CSR Elite pedals this morning. I don't feel like I need them, I'm not unhappy with my T500 pedals at all, but I feel like after reading so much praise about Fanatec's pedals that I need to at least give them a fair shake before I bad mouth Fanatec's reliability. Maybe the pedals will be the best purchase I ever made or maybe they'll give me nothing but problems. Time will tell but it will be an interesting experiment on my dime. I'll just sell them if I'm not happy with them but at least I'll be able to say I've got some experience with Fanatec's pedals.

Yes, they can be inverted, but I didn't get the inversion kit yet. Figured I would see if they're worth keeping before dropping another $50 on the kit. They have the load cell brake but use pots for the gas and clutch compared to Hall sensors on the CSP's which seem to be troublesome for a lot of CSP pedal users. I've read alot of issues about the Hall sensor and magnet issues on the CSP's. Seems they like to come loose and move out of position causing erratic behavior. I love the look of the CSP's, love the degressive clutch too, but I need reliable pedals, not something I've got to constantly adjust and work on. I figured the CSP Elites are the next best thing without me spending a small fortune on a load cell setup. Who knows, if I like them enough, maybe I'll wait for a CSP v3 or break down and give the v2's a try anyway.

I needed one more set of pedals anyway for my T500 which is sitting around doing nothing. This will give me two full wheel/pedal setups, the T500 and the TX.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yea, I'm testing the water with new pedals right now. I love Neils pedals, and I would love to have a set, but I'm not dropping $800 on them just yet until I decided if a pedal upgrade is even warranted yet. Its very possible I might get a set of Neils pedals later this year when I build a full sim cockpit, not really going to try to attach Neils pedals to a wheel stand pro.

Upvote 0
Yea, I'm testing the water with new pedals right now. I love Neils pedals, and I would love to have a set, but I'm not dropping $800 on them just yet until I decided if a pedal upgrade is even warranted yet. Its very possible I might get a set of Neils pedals later this year when I build a full sim cockpit, not really going to try to attach Neils pedals to a wheel stand pro.

I was in the same boat. Once I built a full rig, I am starting to look at permanent long term solutions.

Upvote 0
You should check these out for your T500 pedals:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221439799184?ssPageName=STRl2649ELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Disclaimer: I made these but am not the one selling them.

Also, I run a set of modded CSR Elite pedals and I love them. Been using them for almost 2 years with no issues.

Alright bought a set of those. I'm on the iRacing forum too and PM'd you about them. I plan to keep my T500 pedals, I have the Basher brake mod and still going to use those pedals. I have a T500 and a TX so I need a set of pedals for both wheels. The stock TX pedals haven't even been out of the box and won't unless I have nothing else to use.

Upvote 0
Changed the spring on the throttle to a bit stiffer one, moved the actuation rod one hole, added a spacer to the end, and added double RC truck dampers with custom valving (heavy damping when pressing the pedal but very light when coming off) to the brake pedal.

Upvote 0
Changed the spring on the throttle to a bit stiffer one, moved the actuation rod one hole, added a spacer to the end, and added double RC truck dampers with custom valving (heavy damping when pressing the pedal but very light when coming off) to the brake pedal.

Cool. If there's one mod I wish I could make to the T500 pedals its a stiffer gas pedal spring. My Infiniti G37 has a very stiff gas pedal from the factory and I remember when I bought the car I thought this is crazy how stiff this pedal is compared to every other car I've driven so now that I've gotten used to it, every other gas pedal I use feels so soft and mushy. I know its muscle memory but I would like a stiffer T500 gas pedal spring but can't find any information in detail where someone has changed it.

I needed another set of pedals for my TX so I was going to get the new T3PA pedals but realized I would still have the same spring as the T500 pedals so I figured I would give the CSR Elite pedals a try since they have adjustable springs.

Upvote 0
Got the CSR Elite pedals installed today, first impression is that they're good enough but not any better than my T500RS pedals with basher brake mod. I do like that I can stiffen the resistance SLIGHTLY on the gas pedal but its not nearly as much as I had hoped. For $150, they're certainly decent pedals, but I don't know that I would ever give up a set of T500RS pedals that have been modded with basher's brake mod for them. I needed a second set of pedals though so it works fine for me until I decide to build a cockpit and pick up a set of Neils pedals. The load cell feels very surprisingly like the T500RS pedals with basher brake mod so I can see why people love a Fanatec load cell and the basher mod, they feel very similar here.

I don't think I will buy a set of Clubsport V2's now though, can't imagine enough difference there to warrant spending more money.

Upvote 0
I've been considering the T3PA or CSR Elites, I had the Elites when I had my CSR and liked them alot - the brake pedal is what I miss.
@Blkout, are there any connection/setup issues with the CSR Elites, anything that is different than using Thrustmaster pedals connected directly to the TX wheel?
I heard that the T3PA pedals were released but I haven't found them anywhere. Also, if the brake pedal is the same as the standard TX pedals then they are a no-go for me.

Where did you get your Elite pedals, directly from Fanatec? Delivery time? Price?

Upvote 0
I've been considering the T3PA or CSR Elites, I had the Elites when I had my CSR and liked them alot - the brake pedal is what I miss.
@Blkout, are there any connection/setup issues with the CSR Elites, anything that is different than using Thrustmaster pedals connected directly to the TX wheel?
I heard that the T3PA pedals were released but I haven't found them anywhere. Also, if the brake pedal is the same as the standard TX pedals then they are a no-go for me.

Where did you get your Elite pedals, directly from Fanatec? Delivery time? Price?

The T3PA's should be identical to the T500 pedals other than they are made mostly of plastic but they certainly look durable from the pics I've seen. Exact same hardware though so they should perform the same, the new rubber bumper at the back of the brake pedal is supposed to perform like the basher mod I suppose. I haven't seen that they've been released yet according to the TM Facebook page, it just says to be released in May, but we're at the end of May now and I haven't found a retailer that has them yet.

I had no issues using the Elites on the PC, but of course you can't use them with the PS3 or Xbox One without a Basherboards CPX adapter. I just had to install the Fanatec drivers for the pedals along with the Thrustmaster drivers for the wheel and connect the wheel and pedals by USB separately. If you use the T500 or T3PA pedals, you can just plug them into the TM wheel and it would use one USB connection and of course be fully compatible with the PS3 and Xbox One. In all PC games I've played, most recognize the TM wheel as the primary controller, except R3E which recognized my setup as a CSW due to the Fanatec drivers apparently. I simply map the throttle, brake and clutch to the pedals and everything works fine.

I ordered my Elite pedals direct from Fanatec US, I got them in about 5 working days, but they came from California and I'm in GA so that's coast to coast, but still pretty normal. They shipped the same day I ordered which was nice. I paid $150 for the pedals and about $25 shipping.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info Blkout. It sounds like the brake pedal on the T3PA's would be a step up from the standard pedals then. You also mention that the T500 with the brake mod is similar to the CSR Elite pedal so I may wait for the TM pedals to be released before I jump. They are less expensive and can be used easily on the Xbox One.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info Blkout. It sounds like the brake pedal on the T3PA's would be a step up from the standard pedals then. You also mention that the T500 with the brake mod is similar to the CSR Elite pedal so I may wait for the TM pedals to be released before I jump. They are less expensive and can be used easily on the Xbox One.

Yea, I had planned to wait for the T3PA pedals too and I very well still may buy some when they're available. I had an itch to buy some Fanatec pedals though since I had to see if they were as great as everyone claim they are. While I do think they're good enough, I wouldn't necessarily say they're much better than the stock T500 pedals and certainly no better in my opinion than the T500 pedals with Basher brake mod. If the T3PA rubber bushing works as well as the Basher mod, it sounds like a winner for $99.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back