Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel + Clubsport BMW GT2, good idea?

Hello,

I´m asking for help in this situation. Actuallly, Im a T300 Alcantara Edition owner, and I try to further with my set...

Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Base + Clubsport BMW GT2 Wheel

Do you think its a good idea? Or its too much rim for "poor" base. I already know that its actually compatible, but I want to know if CSL Elite Wheel Base will work perfectly (good
strength, dynamism and good reaction speed) with this heavy wheel..

Any of you have tested this set? Whats your opinion?

2.5 Fanatec Base, for many reasons, its not an option for me...

Thank you very much

Last edited:
Hello,

I´m asking for help in this situation. Actuallly, Im a T300 Alcantara Edition owner, and I try to further with my set...

Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Base + Clubsport BMW GT2 Wheel

Do you think its a good idea? Or its too much rim for "poor" base. I already know that its actually compatible, but I want to know if CSL Elite Wheel Base will work perfectly (good
strength, dynamism and good reaction speed) with this heavy wheel..

Any of you have tested this set? Whats your opinion?

2.5 Fanatec Base, for many reasons, its not an option for me...

Thank you very much
Hi killo98, the BMW wheel is fine to use with this combo. The motor is more than capable; this wheel launched with the ClubSport V1 base, and the CSL Elite performance is higher than this. But personally I would recommend the CSL Elite P1. It is significantly lighter, also Alcantara, and is a better match for this base, in my opinion. The lightness helps deliver a more detailed feedback signal, and the smaller diameter helps too.

Upvote 0
Hello @killo98

It will work great, but i strongly recommend you try out the PS4 wheel for the CSL, it's the lightest of all the Fanatec Rims and is very comfortable (I have one myself since March 2018 and have done lots of racing on it).
The M3 GT2 is very good and comfy, but its quite more heavier then the PS4 wheel.

In the end its a decision that is down to you. Both are great wheels, but seeing that you already bought one, then enjoy it to the max :D

Upvote 0
if the p1 rims had the option to put the metal QR on it i'd buy one in a heartbeat, 300mm is perfect size (which clubsport range doesn't have apart from this until mclaren shifter issues are resolved) and a nice light rim for my csw 2.5

@DomB_Fanatec

Upvote 0
if the p1 rims had the option to put the metal QR on it i'd buy one in a heartbeat, 300mm is perfect size (which clubsport range doesn't have apart from this until mclaren shifter issues are resolved) and a nice light rim for my csw 2.5

@DomB_Fanatec

I had thought about the same thing.
I own a CSL Elite PS4 that has the PS4 wheel and bought the Formula Rim carbon to use with all my prototype driving and open wheel cars.
I must say if you guys find a way to make an adapter to fit the quick release on the Elite P1 or the PS4 wheel, I will buy that in an instant.

Upvote 0

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 111 88.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 21 16.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 20 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 38 30.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 47 37.6%